cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Activating Account, SIM Invalid now

Alyssa1982
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was setting up a new account, including a phone number transfer, and as I clicked finish on the final step, I got an error (Generic Error).  Now If I go back to try and set up the account again, it says the SIM is invalid.  I tried logging into the account I created and it says that the account doesn't exist.

I was hoping I could get some help with this.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@Alyssa1982 wrote:

Old SIM still working

What happens when you put the PM sim into your phone?

Did you try porting the number during activation?

Have you tried the previous suggestions by @Dunkman and attempting to activate again?

If you did and it says the sim is already activated then you will need to contact the MODs.

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."
Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  
In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply?  Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received.

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

@Alyssa1982 wrote:

Old SIM still working

Ok, so the port is stuck, I would continue using your old sim until it stops working, at which time you can insert your PM sim and all will be fine. Confirm you included all pertinent information when you contacted the MODs?

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Alyssa1982

Old SIM still working

@Alyssa1982 wrote:

Is it normal that my credit card gets charged even though it seems nothing else has been set up?

Is your previous sim card(carrier) still working? Put it in and try it.

@Alyssa1982 wrote:

Is it normal that my credit card gets charged even though it seems nothing else has been set up?

It has been known to happen.  Sometimes, you get the generic error, but the process for porting has already started and your credit card has been charged, etc.   Might want to try your PM Sim card in your phone to see whether you get a connection. 

Alyssa1982

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Alyssa1982

Common issues with activation.  Make sure that your credit card has not been charged. 

You could try a different web browser, clearing cache or going into incognito/privacy mode.  The website is finicky sometimes.  You could also give some time in between attempts (ie. one hour). Chrome incognito mode seems to work for most people.  

If signing for autopay, make sure that the credit card information matches exactly your billing address.  Leave apartment number blank.  

For porting information, the essential information is account holder name, accound number and phone number.  Usually don't need IME, PIN, etc.  Sometimes, it is easier to get a temporary number first than porting directly on activation.  

Need Help? Let's chat.