Did you mean: 

Error 821

Jake8034
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an Error 821 code.... what is it and how do I get it fixed

23 REPLIES 23

mtompkins

I wish there was number to call for help on this. I'm guessing this lack of customer support helps to explain the nice low price we pay. Hopefully the cost savings over the big carriers are worth our time for the do it yourself support.

@Kiwi38 

The moderators need to reprovision your sim card and set up your account correctly. Sometimes this happens upon activation. They can also reinitiate your port request so make sure you keep your telus sim card in your phone so you can reply YES to the porting authorization text.

If you tried to activate 3 times and made it thru the payment page 3 times then you may end up with 3 posted transactions. Make sure you ask the moderators to check if the extra charges/credits appear in your balance on your account otherwise they will have to locate where they went...you just may have the pending charge (s) drop off and only have one or possibly two posted transactions on your card.

@Kiwi38 wrote:

thanks for the help.

Yes I did get charged 3 times lol. Payment is pending.

I did as you suggested - insert sim and reboot phone. also I did clear cache and browser and also tried different browser safari and firefox. these things did not work.

I still have active service on telus (I'm switching from telus) so not sure why it's not switching. I'll try again later today.

@Kiwi38 

If you got charged, do not try again.  Otherwise, you might get charged again.You will need to get moderator (PM employee) help.  

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Activation isn't working. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Kiwi38

thanks for the help.

Yes I did get charged 3 times lol. Payment is pending.

I did as you suggested - insert sim and reboot phone. also I did clear cache and browser and also tried different browser safari and firefox. these things did not work.

I still have active service on telus (I'm switching from telus) so not sure why it's not switching. I'll try again later today.

@Kiwi38   You got this when you try to activate a new line?

First,  did you get past the payment section, if so, check if you credit card got charged.  If so, the account was in fact activated.   Insert your SIM and reboot your phone, then see if you have any services. 

If you did not  get past the payment section:

• Wait an hour (since SIM locks for that long) 
  • clear your browser's cache and cookies or try a different browser
  • open a tab in incognito mode 
  • then try the activation again

If you did get charged, 

Kiwi38

I have the same issue. it says to submit a ticket. I can't do that because I cannot activate my sim and I don't have a public mobile number etc to verify my identity.

Chamberlian

I know that you've figured this one out, but for the next person, because it is not obvious:
your Public Mobile Community login and your Public Mobile (billing) Account login are entirely separate
and the system has you use your Community login to submit a ticket for problems with your billing Account (not your billing Account login, as might be expected)
and you can always make a new Community login to submit a ticket if the old one is not working.

gc4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. I'm in touch with a moderator at the moment.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gc4 wrote:

No, but the number might have been de-activated.

That still wouldn't explain why on earth they charge you if it doesn't work.

Very sketchy, but thanks anyways.

@gc4    Yes sometimes glitches happen which can and will be fixed if you contact moderators and explain the situation.  They will always try to resolve the issue, although it can take several messages back and forth between them and you.  So send them a message using the links already provided and I'm sure they will sort it out.  

Edit:  BTW if the number was originally issued from Koodo/Telus, then moderators should still be able to help you as PM is also owned by Telus. 

gc4

No, but the number might have been de-activated.

That still wouldn't explain why on earth they charge you if it doesn't work.

Very sketchy, but thanks anyways.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gc4 wrote:

Hi, thanks for reaching out. 

I tried twice, and my CC got charged twice.

Nothing happens when I put the sim card in my phone.

And I did try to transfer a number from Koodo in Canada.

Thanks

@gc4    Is your Koodo number prepaid?  That always requires moderators assistance to port over. 

gc4

Hi, thanks for reaching out. 

I tried twice, and my CC got charged twice.

Nothing happens when I put the sim card in my phone.

And I did try to transfer a number from Koodo in Canada.

Thanks

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gc4 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

None of the solutions are working.

I am not ready to try to activate my sim card again because the same problem will likely occur.

All I want is to be reimbursed for the faulty sim card activations.

Cheers

@gc4   Sorry to hear about the faulty SIM.  You'll still need to contact moderators for any reimbursement, although PM is prepaid so most likely PM might give an account credit which, of course, won't happen until you can activate your account.  

Hopefully, the moderators will try to make it right for you.  Good luck and thanks for  explaining what happened.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gc4 : If you decide to try again, I highly suggest using a different browser or clearing cache/site cookies or using incognito/privacy mode.

Has you payment method been charged? What happens if you insert the SIM in your phone? Did you also try to transfer a number from elsewhere?

Don't forget to use a referral code to get a $10 credit after activation.

gc4

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

None of the solutions are working.

I am not ready to try to activate my sim card again because the same problem will likely occur.

All I want is to be reimbursed for the faulty sim card activations.

Cheers

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gc4    If your issue is with the chatbot and unable to submit a ticket, then the alternative method to contact moderators is to private message Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The response can take anywhere from 1-48 hours (usually under 2 hours) and will appear in the envelope icon (next to your avatar), so keep checking regularly.  

You can also share a few details of what your problem is and someone in the community might be able to offer suggestions/advice which might resolve the issue quicker than waiting for a response from moderators as long as it doesn't require account access which only moderators can access.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@gc4 wrote:

Same thing happened to me.

This is a joke. I can't even submit a ticket because my logon fails as well.

Fkn incredible.

hI @gc4 are you still having problem logging in your self serve account?  I only ask because you said "happened" to you.

If not, please try the solutions offered by fellow customers above.  If you no longer have this issue, would you please share the solution to your issue?  This will help fellow customers who are having the same issue.

RosieR

gc4

Same thing happened to me.

This is a joke. I can't even submit a ticket because my logon fails as well.

Fkn incredible.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Jake8034 wrote:

Hi @Jake8034 read this Accepted Solution on same topic as yours 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Activating-your-SIM-card/m-p/666975/h... by @dabr 

Follow that solution

Please keep us posted

Aloha

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jake8034 

Try:

1. waiting one hour
  2. clearing cache and cookies
  3. open an incognito page
  4. then try again

If that doesn't work, contact a Moderator:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Jake8034 

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Jake8034

I’ve tried to activate my SIM card... the payment has come off my credit card but I received an 821 error code.... I cannot sign on to my account... it says email and password are invalid 

what do I do now.... it says to contact a moderator 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jake8034 wrote:

Clear your cache files, try a different web browser. I use Firefox without any issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.