cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 802?

ardaudet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm trying to set up a new account. I've purchased my SIM, however my previous phone was lost, so I don't have that old device to verify my number. I contacted my old service provider and they released my number for Public Mobile to access. Thus, I tried to activate my account today, and I got either a "error page is down for maintence" and couldn't proceed past the plans or payment page, or I got error 802 once I was finally able to press "activate my SIM" which redirected me to making a ticket. Any wise words of wisdom? 

2 REPLIES 2

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ardaudet you said you lost your previous phone...so you will not be able to accept the porting approval text?

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

You may need Moderators assistance after the SIM activation is complete.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ardaudet wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to set up a new account. I've purchased my SIM, however my previous phone was lost, so I don't have that old device to verify my number. I contacted my old service provider and they released my number for Public Mobile to access. Thus, I tried to activate my account today, and I got either a "error page is down for maintence" and couldn't proceed past the plans or payment page, or I got error 802 once I was finally able to press "activate my SIM" which redirected me to making a ticket. Any wise words of wisdom? 

@ardaudet if you didn't pass the payment section and your credit card was not charged, then you did not complete the activation of the SIM.

Wait an hour and try again.

When you do clear your browser's cache or try a different browser, then open a tab in incognito mode to do the activation.

Good luck and welcome!

Need Help? Let's chat.