cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 404

Dasdueck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

While setting up my account I pressed "Activate Account" and then got message "Error 404 File or directory not found."  What's next?

13 REPLIES 13

@Dasdueck wrote:

Yes

@Dasdueck  If you are able to access your selfserve account and your phone is not working then you need to submit a ticket to Public Mobile so that they can reset you account so that you can get up and running.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Dasdueck

Yes

Nanqui
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you able to log into your self-service account?

Your SIM card may not have provisioned correctly @Dasdueck. Try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Dasdueck

Yes I am able to sign into my account and yes I have restarted my phone.  Still no phone or data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dasdueck wrote:

my card was charged but still not phone or data.  Error message is no longer coming up

Are you able to log into your account?

Did you restart the phone?

Dasdueck

my card was charged but still not phone or data.  Error message is no longer coming up

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Dasdueck Check your self-service account. What does it say? Was your card charged? 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Dasdueck  Test your SIM in your phone. If it works then your card was activated. If not then you need to do the activation again.

@Dasdueck wrote:

do I have to start all over then?

To which post are you referring? @gblackma 's or @JoyLuck 's

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Dasdueck

do I have to start all over then?

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

When using a browser online clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Dasdueck please check to see if your credit card has been charged. Thanks. If it has, your account was created. Insert your SIM what does it say? 

Need Help? Let's chat.