cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 38

Malves
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everytime I try to send an international text to Portugal, I get an error 38 message and the message doesn't send. Does anyone know why this is occurring?

8 REPLIES 8

liuxinbing
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Malves wrote:

Problem solved. 

GPS as to be on.

I'm glad that you were able to get your text messaging working, but GPS is not required to send SMS messages. I believe that this could have just been coincidence.  If you now turn your GPS off, does your text messaging still work?

Ture that GPS doesn't have to be on to send SMS, because phones without GPS are still able to.

My guess is that, with GPS is on, the phone knows its physical location, so that knows what prefix to add in front of the country code. 

As a general rule, simply use + as a prefix instead of any specific numbers.

@Malves wrote:

Problem solved. 

GPS as to be on.

I'm glad that you were able to get your text messaging working, but GPS is not required to send SMS messages. I believe that this could have just been coincidence.  If you now turn your GPS off, does your text messaging still work?

Malves
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Problem solved. 

GPS as to be on.

@hycm53 wrote:

@Malves wrote:

Everytime I try to send an international text to Portugal, I get an error 38 message and the message doesn't send. Does anyone know why this is occurring?

Dial 011 351 +area code+ phone number.

@Malves  That error means that there is something wrong with the number you are using. You need to make sure you have the correct number area code + number and just manually enter it as per @hycm53  recommendation above.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Malves wrote:

Dial 011 351 +area code+ phone number.

liuxinbing

well, try sending message locally. If it works, then I think it is the international prefix. 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Try looking through the messaging app settings.  It is possible that a setting may be interfering with outgoing sms.  

liuxinbing

what prefix did you use? Try to use +351 instead of 011351.

Need Help? Let's chat.