cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entire cell phone is setup as french every message from public mobile in french voice mail in french

charles2010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good evening, I registered for a new account, I am in Ontario received my chip and turned on myt phone. For some strange reason my all comunications from public mobile is in French and my account voice mail defaulted to french.Luckily i was able to set the voice mail to english, but all communications from public mobile is still in french. How do i have this changed? whom do i reach out to? As well, my phone when calling someone shows 'private number' i cannot show my phone number, i did not ask for this feature.  Can someone please help me? Or I will be forced to terminate my account with public mobile simply because the phone is used by my son and is practically useless right now.

Charles

5 REPLIES 5

@Arily4 wrote:

I would still check your phones settings. Iphones have a funky way to doing what they want, when they want. It has happened to me too.

Phone settings can't change the language on Public Mobile's end. The account isn't set to the language that the member prefers.

Arily4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would still check your phones settings. Iphones have a funky way to doing what they want, when they want. It has happened to me too.

charles2010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No i am not, my wife has an iphone same model, same public mobile, and this does not happen. this started the moment i actived the phone. i have no idea how to contact the company other then this forum. - -sorry but no we are not issuing the *67

- charles

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@charles2010  The reason why caller ID is being blocked when calling is either you are dialing *67 before dialing a number or you have setup your device to block your caller id.

Blocking Your Number on Android

To disable it, go to Dialer Settings -> Phone -> Call Settings -> Additional Settings -> Caller ID.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@charles2010 

Your account was set up improperly with French.  You will need to contact moderator to help fix the issue.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Here is the thread on another cusotmer with the same issue:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/voice-prompt-language-in-French-need-...

Edit:  PM outgoing call usually will display phone number only (not name display).  Maybe check the phone setting to make sure that outgoing calls display are not blocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.