cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering my old number

jkd7405
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Just wondering i am entering my number to set up my account and it keeps coming uo that its invalid.. anyone know what to try?

32 REPLIES 32

jkd7405

i do not get this far, im to the page where it tells you to enter number for elgilibility and when i enter the number it says we were unable to transfer your number

jkd7405

ok i have a picture who do i send it to?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jkd7405 if you get a message like yesterday that it can't be done take a picture so we can see exactly what it says 

@jkd7405 

Need three pieces of information from your old Bell account for successful port:

Bell account number

Bell account holder name 

Bell phone number (to be ported)

Skip IME, PIN, etc. information

Website can be finicky also. Try Chrome incognito mode.  Clearing cache.  

jkd7405

Hey I called into bell there at no locks on my account can anyone tell me something to try or talk me through the steps of what I should be doing and which SIM card I should have in the phone when trying to change my number 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jkd7405  click here and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and tell him you want to port your number and need help and a moderator will get back to you within a few days. In the meantime you can continue to use your bell Sim card 

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

jkd7405

no just a regular account 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jkd7405 do you have a bell corporate or business number? 

jkd7405

i tried that its still shows that message any reccomendations ?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jkd7405 wrote:

im getting the response,,, we were unable to transfer the number please choose one of the following options, what would you reccomend me to do?

If you have a Bell corporate number, you need to move it to a Bell individual account first before your can port it to PM.  I think your company and you co-own your number.  Therefore, you cannot port out a corporate number without their permission.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jkd7405  wait a bit and try again.  Log out and when you go back in use chrome browser if u can.  You don't have a bell corporate number by any chance?  

jkd7405

im getting the response,,, we were unable to transfer the number please choose one of the following options, what would you reccomend me to do?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jkd7405  yes, it will ask you to enter the number you want and verify that it cab be ported! The only bell numbers I know of that can't be ported are bell corporate numbers 

jkd7405

do i just click on change my number it dont seem to be working?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jkd7405  check to make sure everything works with the new Sim card!  Then log in and click on change number,  then on port your old number and only put the account number and the name on the Bell account.  It should take from 15 minutes to a few hours to be done. 

@jkd7405 wrote:

ok so  the activation is now complete how can i change my number to my old number?

Log into your account, right hand side of overview page gives option to 'change number'.  Click it and there your will see two options, one is to 'transfer number' or 'change number'.  Select transfer number and follow prompts.

jkd7405

ok so  the activation is now complete how can i change my number to my old number?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jkd7405  no promotion code just a refferal code!  

@jkd7405 wrote:

is there a promo code i can use?

Oh I never saw promotion code for public. That may be feature for stores

jkd7405

is there a promo code i can use?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jkd7405 @The refferal code goes on the first page and check the box beside i

Best to take temporarily number and port after activation. It's really fast and easy

jkd7405

ok thanks

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jkd7405  activate with a new phone number for now and after we'll help you port the bell number 

jkd7405

No its a bell number and the account is still active

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jkd7405 i would set it up with a new phone number and then port yours after its all working!  Just pick a new phone number while activating.  Check your inbox if you need a refferal code!  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jkd7405 wrote:

Hi Just wondering i am entering my number to set up my account and it keeps coming uo that its invalid.. anyone know what to try?

Were you trying to port a Koodo prepaid number to PM?

If yes, you need to get a PM number during activation.

After activation, create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right hand bottom corner of this page to ask moderator to port your Koodo prepaid number.  Moderator wait time is upto 2 days.

jkd7405

yes im on the activation page and i dont have a promo code.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@jkd7405  are you on the activation page?  Sounds like your on the self serve account create page.  Don't forget a refferal code, today's the last day for the 20$ credit if you activate on a 25 $ plan or more 

jkd7405

yes, i ordered my sim cards offline and just had them come and trying to set my account up.

Need Help? Let's chat.