cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entered wrong IMEI info on account

Grizzly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I edit the IMEI number entered onto the account?  Goofed on one digit.

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8

@Debbies1

See the posts above

Entering IMEI wrong will not effect your Public account

If you enter wrong IMEI for number port then you will need to provide correct info to Mods

Debbies1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I change my imei number I imputted it wrong 

@Grizzly wrote:

Thanks in advance

Your IMEI doesn't need to be entered into your account.  Public Mobile knows it as soon as you insert your sim card and turn on the phone.

If you're speaking of the compatibiity check that tells you if the phone is compatible and it's lost or stolen status, don't even thing twice about it.  You don't need to give an IMEI at signup (at least I don't rmember being asked for one at signup time),  but even if you did provide the IMEI of a different phone or an invalid one because it force you to during the account set up, it wouldn't even matter.

If you use the wrong IMEI number to peform number portability, this will cause the phone number transfer to fail.  I would sigguest that in the vast majority of number portability requests, most customer will want to still with only using the old carrier's account number, and skip the IMEI and PIN number (though there are some exceptions to this).

@mimmoESN? This is making my brain hurt trying to go back this many years after a new years party...

its bed time.

@mimmo wrote:

@RobertQc isn't the IMEI (the serial number of the phone)  not the sim number

@mimmoYea on non gsm phones you would use the imei to register the phone on the network but you can't use those old school cdma phones here? So he must mean sim? Or am I confusing the IMEI number with..... I can't think of the other name of the string printed behind the battery on those 1990 phones

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc isn't the IMEI (the serial number of the phone)  not the sim number

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Grizzly wrote:

Thanks in advance

where/ why did you enter IMEI?   the only place i have seen that is when porting.  if you are infact proting you will need to meddage teh mods with teh correct info. typically the best way to port is with account number and account name.  (IMEI and pin, tend to cause failed ports)

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Grizzly wrote:

Thanks in advance

@GrizzlyInteresting and I assume you mean sim card, I was told it would be almost impossible to do that, kind of like changing 1 digit on a credit card would not represent a functional card. So you should play the lottery today.

You can change your sim by going into your self-serve and I suggest letting the mods know as if what you say is true, the person who buys that sim card in the future will no longer be able to activate it. If your account is all set up click here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-sim-card/ and enter the correct number.

Need Help? Let's chat.