cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entered incorrect service provider information when transferring phone number to a new PM account

Monipri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I setup a new PM account and plan for my mom yesterday, but she had given me the wrong account details of her previous provider for transfering over her existing phone number. How can I update it with the correct information? She's able to send and receive texts, use data and make outgoing calls, but incoming calls only come through her other service/ old phone. 

9 REPLIES 9

Camelia_M
Customer Support Agent

I'm sorry to hear that. Robot Sad

You will need to contact a member of our Moderator Team.
Submit a ticket via the 24/7 virtual assistance SIMon to them to get this looked at!
Note that you will need to create and/or sign in to the Community for the below link to work.

SUBMIT A TICKET - https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

[Solution moved to earliest post ......... Luddite]

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Simply Log in to your Mom's online account you created when you tried to port her number the 1st time. When you firsy log in , look to the far right side of that page and you will see 'CHANGE MY NUMBER". Once you click on that then click on bring a number from another provider. Then enter the correct info from your mother's old provider. You will need her account number, PIN and phone number you want to port over ( that is her old phone number). Once this is done and you hit submit, if all was entered correct, the port should start. It may take up to 3 hours for this to complete. Once it is done you typically get an email and text to say your number has been ported successfully. You can also log back into your mom's online account and see what number is now listed as active for her ( if the port worked  you should see her old number she had with the old provider). Also you can try to make a call to her old cell number and her current Public Mobile cell phone should ring.. Hoping this helps.

Cheers.

@Lieux wrote:

@Monipri wrote:

I setup a new PM account and plan for my mom yesterday, but she had given me the wrong account details of her previous provider for transfering over her existing phone number. How can I update it with the correct information? She's able to send and receive texts, use data and make outgoing calls, but incoming calls only come through her other service/ old phone. 

That's normal during the port...it can take few hours for a cell number to 1 week with a landline number...Because it's more than few hours write to the moderator. And during the waiting you can use the old sim. Your number need to be active during all the process until it's finished and all setup.

@Lieux, you missed a key factor is why this port hasn't gone through.  The wrong account information was provided during the port so this issue needs moderator assistance immediately to be resolved.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Monipri wrote:

Thank you, I have emailed them! 🙂 

Hopefully it's not too late and they will be able to reverse it If it goes through then it becomes more complicated.

Monipri

Thank you, I have emailed them! 🙂 

@Monipri wrote:

This is her account... if that helps

We are customers like you..we don't have any access to your or her account..only the moderator as suggested above.

Monipri

This is her account... if that helps

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Monipri wrote:

That's normal during the port...it can take few hours for a cell number to 1 week with a landline number...Because it's more than few hours write to the moderator. And during the waiting you can use the old sim. Your number need to be active during all the process until it's finished and all setup.

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Send MOD a private message, explain the situation and provide correct information.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.