cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entered Wrong Information When Porting Number

sendhelp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I joined public mobile just today. I already signed up two different accounts for other members of my family, so generally, it has been working for me. Unfortunately, I was unable to immediately find my account number on my previous service provider (Fido), and used my PIN number instead. Public Mobile did not seem to be able to port my number over, and I was not able to re-enter my porting information because when I selected "change my number", my old number came up as uneligible. I'm now under a new number because I thought if I swapped my number out and re-entered my old number, it would work. It didn't. Is there any way I can get my old number back without going through a long process cancelling my plan with Fido and emailing back and forth with Public Mobile? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

It's likely ineligible because a port is "in process" with that number. 

Many tech issues can be solved here and through self service. This doesn't sound like one of those.

@sendhelp 

Unfortunately, most technical issues are only resolved with the help of moderators.  

The information that you entered for the port was incomplete so your port failed.  Only moderators can completed the port.  Customers can't do much at this point except to wait. With your message to moderator, include your Fido account number, account holder name and fido phone number.  

sendhelp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So there's no way for me to resolve this myself? My number was listed as eligible when I opened my account, why is it ineligible now? Should I be messaging the moderators with tech related issues?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sendhelp 

You will need to contact moderator to help complete the port.  Click on the Quesiton mark on the right lower corner of web page and start the ticketing process to get help.  It will take 1-2 days for moderators to respond. 

Do not cancel your Fido account.  You will need active Fido account for the port to be completed.  

Need Help? Let's chat.