cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Entered Wrong IMEI number when Porting to Public Mobile

I'm porting my number to Public Mobile and it asked me my IMEI number I entered an incorrect number.   How do I fix this so I can use my phone?

Accepted Solutions
Oracle

Re: Entered Wrong IMEI number when Porting to Public Mobile

@Jupiter 

How long ago did you port?  Did you include your account number with port?  

Port will likely be stuck with incorrect information.

You might want to call the Telus porting team. 

1-844-232-7678

Here is additional information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Porting Your Number Into Public Mobile

If you are porting your number into Public Mobile, for additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.

If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer by calling our Porting team.

The SMS will read as follows:

Public Mobile Msg: The request to move your phone number to Public Mobile has timed out. Don't worry, you can easily re-initiate the transfer. Please call our Porting Team at 1-844-232-7678 to authorize your number transfer

Tips:

• Keep the old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the validation message. If that’s not possible, please ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Oracle

@Jupiter 

How long ago did you port?  Did you include your account number with port?  

Port will likely be stuck with incorrect information.

You might want to call the Telus porting team. 

1-844-232-7678

Here is additional information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Porting Your Number Into Public Mobile

If you are porting your number into Public Mobile, for additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.

If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer by calling our Porting team.

The SMS will read as follows:

Public Mobile Msg: The request to move your phone number to Public Mobile has timed out. Don't worry, you can easily re-initiate the transfer. Please call our Porting Team at 1-844-232-7678 to authorize your number transfer

Tips:

• Keep the old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the validation message. If that’s not possible, please ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders.

View solution in original post

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jupiter ....Thats exactly happened to me. Long story short, the port went through.  If thats an issue my port would not go through, I thought. 160 mins later my port was done.

Need Help? Let's chat.