Can someone help me with this?

4 REPLIES 4

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@coverfire339 wrote:

I have tried 1234, which is standard.

I need to get in contact with a moderator to get a PUK I think

Your phone was network locked by the previous service provider.  In this case, you have 2 options: - ask the previous provider to unlock your phone - if they are unwilling/cannot, cause your not a customer anymore & there's no way to establish you're the owner of that phone..... you can try an instore/online unlocking service (I've previously used various ebay resellers to unlock my phones ~$5 or less).

Good Luck!

@coverfire339 wrote:

I have tried 1234, which is standard.

I need to get in contact with a moderator to get a PUK I think

Sim network unlock code/PIN is not the secuirty PIN of your sim card.  It is an unlock code to allow the phone to accept any carrier's sim card.  This code will never be 1234.

Contacting the moderators will not help with this. Moderators cannot help you unlock devices unless they are locked to Telus/Koodo/Public, which would mean that your phone wouldn't usually be asking for such an unlock code after inserting a Public Mobile sim card (there are a few rare exceptions).

@coverfire339 

If it is asking for the following:

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they will give it to you.  It should be a free service. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@coverfire339You can contact the Moderators via this link. It can take them up to 48 hours to respond.

Need Help? Let's chat.