cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Enter SIM ME lock [NP]'

lizzie2shoes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Activation went smoothly except that I can't get past the Enter Sim message on the phone. Tried the four-didget number I entered at registration. Didn't work. Tried a few defaults (1111/1234). Still not unlocking. The phone has never been locked to a provider. Help!

5 REPLIES 5

Legwaleu777deja

Can't use internet back up bisabled

lizzie2shoes

Shout out to all the 'Town Heroes' (and awesome Moderator Team) who insisted the phone was locked because -- even though the phone was always mine and even though the previous carrier told me it was NOT locked to them -- surprise! The phone was locked to my previous carrier. Issue is now resolved -- thank you!!

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@lizzie2shoes wrote:

Activation went smoothly except that I can't get past the Enter Sim message on the phone. Tried the four-didget number I entered at registration. Didn't work. Tried a few defaults (1111/1234). Still not unlocking. The phone has never been locked to a provider. Help!

Sim card pin isn't chosen by customer during account setup.  Account PIN is only a password for customer service.   Default sim pin is always 1234. If not working, your phone isn't asking for sim pin, but probably asking for sim network pin.  That means phone locked to another carrier brand.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lizzie2shoes wrote:

@lizzie2shoes The PIN that you setup during registration is used for account verification and also when using the IVR system by dialing 611 from your phone when making putchases and/or payments.

If your phone is asking for a network unlock code or a master unlock code the your phone is locked. If your phone is a Samsung just go online to their site start a chat session and ask for sim unlock code by providing your phone's IMEI number.

If you setup a sim lock on your phone then you need to contact PM.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have a Samsung phone then you would need to contact them otherwise you would need assistance from a moderator. 

Start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page:   http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170 Inform the rep that you would like to unlock your  andSamsung phone and provide the IMEI & Carrier info In a few (2+) days, you will get the unlock code via email.

Moderator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.