cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Energizer E10 Compatibility

Howsikan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello,

I recently purchased a SIM for use in Toronto (activation in postal code M1B 6J5).  I want to use it in an Energizer E10 phone.  My IMEI numbers are as follows: 

351======

351==========

Both of these IMEI numbers do not show up on the IMEI checker on the Public Mobile website.

When I inserted the SIM into the phone, it says "Emergency calls only".  However, the SIM works fine on an Iphone.  The Energizer E10 has 2G connectivity on GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 bands.  May I know what I can do to fix this so I can get phone service on my Energizer E10 phone?  Thank you.

Howsikan

6 REPLIES 6

@LEGO wrote:

Fido, Rogers, Mobilicity

Mobilicity had been Chatr for some time now.  Don't forget other Rogers affiliates like citifone, tbaytel.

As for 2g gsm phaseout, I've read about a date of December 31, 2020.  I can't predict if they will stick to that date, but that's the deadline that they're now going with as the official company line.  After that time, 2g GSM only phones won't work any more on Rogers either.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

2G/GSM is almost fully phased out in Canada (and most of the networked world).  It might work with a few carriers in a few areas for a while, but these areas get smaller every year and will vanish entirely within Canada in only one more year (maybe two at the latest).

You'd be better off getting a phone compatible with PM (Telus) network frequencies.

3G/UMTS 850,1900

4G/LTE Bands 2,4,5,7,12/13/17/29

(It turns out that any phone from any other Canadian operator will work on the Telus network, and the reverse is also true to some extent.  The only exception not found on Telus is Freedom Mobile's license to Band 66, which I think might be used by all the Big Three and their subsidiaries in a few years anyhow.)

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Fido, Rogers, Mobilicity

Howsikan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the reply, are there carriers that do work with GSM only phones?

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Howsikan This is GSM only phone and not compatible with Public Mobile! Woman Sad

Public Mobile only supports 3G and 4G LTE bands.

Need Help? Let's chat.