cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

DebMacD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why when I try to set up a new plan it tells me my email isn’t available and to use a new one (I only have one email)

10 REPLIES 10

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Wouldn't using an alias mean you can't confirm your account? Or get any emails about the community or others from PM?

@Pawprints1986 No to all you asked.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

DebMacD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was asking question concerning using another email to set up an other account (a friend was setting up account) and was getting email already used (when it actually wasn’t already used) 

problem solved account was set up using email site said couldn’t be used

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As to what @computergeek541 said, with gmail its easy to make a alias. Maybe some one can shed light on if it does actually work with PM what i will describe below. To make a gmail alias, just put a  "+anything@gmail.com" after the first part of the email address. You can replace "anything" with what ever you want to use. The plus sign makes it an alias. As to how someone explained it to me, if you subscribe to a online newsletter.... just put the"+newletter@gmail.com". If you get mail from that address, you know it came from there or they gave away your email address. 

Another thing one can do is to have a second email account, and have it forwarded to the primary email account, if you want.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@DebMacD wrote:

Why when I try to set up a new plan it tells me my email isn’t available and to use a new one (I only have one email)

Is this so you can have a second phone in your household?

If it is; go to Gmail here ---> https://www.google.com/gmail/ and set up a new email to use for subsequent phones. 

Now if you are just trying to change your existing plan then you can do that in your self serve account:

here: --> https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 9.46.55 AM.png

@DebMacD personally, I like having a free Google email account on my Android phones. It gives me 15 gigabytes of space, which allows me to back up my contacts etc there. You can also forward this email to your other email address. Here are 2 articles on Gmail accounts.

1. Get a Google email account https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en
  2. Forward email from a Google account https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en

Stay safe. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@DebMacD wrote:

Is this new plan a second plan?  If so you will need to either use an alias email such as with gmail or create a new email, there are a lot of places to create email accounts.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@DebMacD  Each account requires a unique email or an email alias of the email that has already been used.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wouldn't using an alias mean you can't confirm your account? Or get any emails about the community or others from PM?

@DebMacD wrote:

This means that someone has already set up a Public Mobile account in the past using that e-mail address. 

By some chance are you trying to activate a second account? If so, you need to use a different e-mail address. A G-mail alias can be used to make it appear that you have more than one e-mail address or there are many free web-based e-mail services such as G-mail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@DebMacD wrote:

You can only have one email per account.

Need Help? Let's chat.