cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not accepted during new sim card activation

chrissiegman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am a new user of Public Mobile and I am attempting to activate my new sim card. During the activation process, I received an error message stating that my email address can not be accepted. My email address is Gmail and I have never registered with Public Mobile before. 

15 REPLIES 15

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr  Noted, but a recommendation is not the same as a requirement.

@geopublic   You're probably right, but when moving to an online only customer service provider, it just made sense to follow what was being recommended before activating and porting my number and there was definitely information about not using the same email from other Telus/Koodo prepaid accounts, so I ended up changing one email on the account before porting here because that was the one I wanted to keep for the PM account.

@dabr  Noted, but a recommendation is not the same as a requirement.

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr  I speak from personal experience the email does not have to be different. for Koodo Prepaid and Public Mobile do not share the same account info. 

@geopublic  I'm not doubting you, but was just sharing what was recommended when I ported couple of numbers from both Koodo and Telus prepaid during 2018.

@dabr  I speak from personal experience the email does not have to be different. for Koodo Prepaid and Public Mobile do not share the same account info. 

@geopublic wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@chrissiegman are you transferting over from Koodo prepaid?  If you are, you ned to use another email. Since its already in the system. 

@gblackma  That is not true. I was able to port in from a Koodo prepaid account using the exact same email without any issues. Even though Koodo/PM share some of the backend systems accounts remain separate.

@geopublic   I also remember there being this general recommendation about not using the same email if transferring from Koodo or Telus prepaid.  I remember having to use a different email when porting numbers from both just because it was suggested that there could be issues from using the same email.   That may, of course, be outdated information that comes up when trying to do your homework and doing the search for issues before porting, but I certainly remember reading that somewhere here.

@chrissiegman Glad to hear it worked! Welcome to PM and enjoy savings! Don't forget to enable Autopay to have 2$ off for your monthly bill.

@gblackma wrote:

@chrissiegman are you transferting over from Koodo prepaid?  If you are, you ned to use another email. Since its already in the system. 

@gblackma  That is not true. I was able to port in from a Koodo prepaid account using the exact same email without any issues. Even though Koodo/PM share some of the backend systems accounts remain separate.

Sometimes emails may bounce and that could be frustrating

At least it worked

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@chrissiegman are you transferting over from Koodo prepaid?  If you are, you need to use another email. Since its already in the system. 

chrissiegman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the quick replies. I just tried the activation again with same email address - this time it worked.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you use Gmail you can use aliases

name@gmail gets the messages for n.a.m.e@gmail or name+phone@gmail

Welcome to public mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrissiegman wrote:

I am a new user of Public Mobile and I am attempting to activate my new sim card. During the activation process, I received an error message stating that my email address can not be accepted. My email address is Gmail and I have never registered with Public Mobile before. 

Could be length. Could be special characters. Do you think your email address is unique enough that no customer would have used it before?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@chrissiegman try your browser in Incognito / private mode try again in an hour

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@chrissiegman Welcome to PM. Are you sure that you put email correctly? Can you use another email? Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.