cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from MOD team?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Hey everyone.

I got a strange email this morning and I'm not sure why they are saying they can help me. I went to the original post and I didn't ask for moderator help. Are there possible scams in Public, or is this a legit moderator email? Thanks for your help in advance.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.07.59 PM.png

24 REPLIES 24

Judithcatherine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi just accidentally came across your message to me. I take it that you have a Sense of humour. UNFORTUNATELY I WAS NOT BEING HUMOROUS. THAT WAS A SINCERE  ?  ,

BECAUSE I DIDN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY WERE ANY DIFFERENT THAN THEIR "Ro Bot"

After nearly a year with 

PM, not Justin his Dad,

PET, I think you have totally convinced me that Art. Intelligence is a hideous ugly Joke.  Not even superior Newfi Humour. And why didn't I LEAVE MONTHS AGO.  AT 75 AND 5 GENERATIONS 

Ontarioian : I MOVE VERY SLOWLY.   

GOD BLESS YOU    JC 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Judithcatherine wrote:

The  ? is good but the answer doesn't come close to answering my

question.  Which again is basically does anyone know if the Mod Team is made up of Humans or more sophisticated Bots.???

Moderators are Telus employees.

@computergeek541 @Judithcatherine to add to this, they are human, Telus employees.

@Judithcatherine wrote:

question.  Which again is basically does anyone know if the Mod Team is made up of Humans or more sophisticated Bots.???

Moderators are Telus employees.

Judithcatherine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Naepalm wrote:

Hey everyone.

I got a strange email this morning and I'm not sure why they are saying they can help me. I went to the original post and I didn't ask for moderator help. Are there possible scams in Public, or is this a legit moderator email? Thanks for your help in advance.

These messages aren't actually sent by e-mail, although you may receieve an e-mail notification, depending on your Community settings. Since the messages came from Moderator_Team, teh message is legitimate. However, if you did not ask for help, a moderator either thought that you were asking for assistance or if the moderator sent it to you by mistake. If you don't need any help, you can just ignore and delete the private message.

As for the authentication part, this becomes necessary when a member has sent a moderator a private message and therefore bypassed the required account security check. if a member submits a ticket through SIMon, such an authentication link isn't required because the ticket process has already had the member complete that process.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

this is click bait! jk 🙂 have a nice day

@Naepalm Yes, it is legit user and email, don't worry. they do it any time you create ticket or send a message to them directly. I have never seen scam here from, PM. On the other hand, yes, they can send a message by mistake, and this happened to me once.

@kselmak wrote:

@Naepalm 

I would still reply and let them know that they never got back to the poor soul that's waiting for their response.

Cheers

I replied to their email I dint leave it hanging

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm 

I would still reply and let them know that they never got back to the poor soul that's waiting for their response.

Cheers

@Naepalm wrote:

@Luddite 

Right when I said an email thats exactly what I meant LOL. Thanks, Luddite for the info! 🙂 

You know really appreciate you! Quick responses and always really good info. Keep it up! 

Your effort does not go unnoticed 😁

That may also be the reason why he was selected to be an oracle (all wise and all knowing) 😊

@Luddite 

Right when I said an email thats exactly what I meant LOL. Thanks, Luddite for the info! 🙂 

You know really appreciate you! Quick responses and always really good info. Keep it up! 

Your effort does not go unnoticed 😁

@Naepalm wrote:

They have since replied with my real name and not just my user name and also my phone number. Jo just wanted to make sure this is how they might operate since I am new here and not sure what info I should be sharing through the email. 

Nothing by email; just by private messaging - the tiny envelope beside your avatar.  In case you are unsure: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Naepalm wrote:

They have since replied with my real name and not just my user name and also my phone number. Jo just wanted to make sure this is how they might operate since I am new here and not sure what info I should be sharing through the email. 

Yes the first message responded to is always with your username and once everything is verified they will use your real name.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm wrote:

Hey everyone.

I agree with everyone that it seems to be the message was sent in error, but it does seem a little odd that your username was referenced. 

I remember also receiving a message addressed to someone who was obviously messaging with the mods about their issue and I was concerned the message contained the real name of this person (luckily it was just their first name) and not just their username. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

Suspect there was an error. If you have not submitted a ticket, or private message, ignore it.

Agree. 

But I had received a private message from moderator on a thread which I started.  In addition of the private message, that moderator also asked me to read my private message on my thread.

There is no moderator post on the thread in question and the private message does not have a ticket #.  I will ignore it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Will-you-make-your-website-work-faster/m-...

@Luddite Please bring this up next time when you have meeting with @Tiana_V and @Alan_K

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm 

I received messages that e were not intended for me from mod team as well.

Just reply that they got the wrong person, somebody else is waiting for that response

It is obviously a member of moderator team replying to the message "will you make your website..." That was sent by direct message so they will ask to authenticate before proceeding.

Yeah, change your password asap! Make it stronger if by any chance you click on the authenticated link!

Deco_90
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It its a proper mail.

however, if you have not contacted them in any ways, I would reply back asking for what has happened just in case of any misunderstandings.

or if you have sent them an email previously, then I would not worry about it too much.

as for your question, it should not be a scam.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm, by any chance you have a website and you want it go faster?

I think this is a bit wonky to me, because Public Mobile isn't a website creator and if one uses a WordPress site with a ton of plugins could slow the performance of a website.

Personally, I would send them an email and ask them if this was sent to you by mistake or ask for clarification as you didn't request this type of information. 

Normally if it's from a moderator team, it's actually the individual moderator. I would think it is a scam, to be honest with you. If so, then this is kinda scary then, because it's pretty close to home! 

I also suggest you change and make your password a bit stronger too just in case!

ok thank you @Luddite 

Suspect there was an error. If you have not submitted a ticket, or private message, ignore it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Triguy 

Are they just trying to verify I am who I say I am? 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is a legitimate email.  They use it for verification purposes.

Need Help? Let's chat.