cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Read

Jedi180
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there a way of knowing if your private email was read? Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

@Anonymous wrote:

Edit: Jb again. I don't think moderator messages change the read status.

If the moderators are using their normal methods for viewing messges, messages sent to moderators will never get marked as read, at least on the Community member's side.  Obviously, the moderators will have to use a method of some type of way of changing the status of such messages, but that isn't something that the customer can see.

Jedi180

Thank you for all your responses!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jedi180 wrote:

Yes, I am referring to a private email to the moderator. I noticed there is an Ignore box near the moderator name. Do you know what that is used for?

Thanks for all your responses! 🙂

Some people get into snits with some people (happens) and they choose to ignore the person so as to not see their posts or pm's. I've never done that in all my years on the internet. It's easy enough just to ignore if I don't wish to interact.

Jedi180

Yes, I am referring to a private email to the moderator. I noticed there is an Ignore box near the moderator name. Do you know what that is used for?

Thanks for all your responses! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jedi180 wrote:

Is there a way of knowing if your private email was read? Thank you.

Are you meaning the private messaging system here? If you've sent one to the moderators then the indication does not change.

But for others you will have a blue-ish vertical bar to the left while un-read. Then it will not show when read and you will see a timestamp of when it was read.

But not moderators.

Edit: Jb again. I don't think moderator messages change the read status.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Jedi180 do you mean a private message sent to moderators?

If so, when you send a message and go to your sent folder it shows the title in bold until they read it. Then once it's ready and you click on the message it will have a time stamp of date and time they read it.

If that's what you're asking.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you're at all concerned that this may've happened, immediately change your password (use a password manager like Lastpass or use securely generated passwords in your browser), set up 2 factor authentication (2FA/MFA). Never use the same password for multiple services. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Not sure if you are trying to confirm if a private message to a moderator was read.

You can use an encrypted email.

https://protonmail.com/?utm_campaign=us-en-2a-mail-gro_src-generic&utm_medium=src_ad&utm_source=bing...

Need Help? Let's chat.