cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easyfone Prime-A1 phone not compatible with Public Mobile??

CJay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased an Easyfone Prime-A1 flipphone for my parent, and a PublicMobile SIM thinking it would work. We've activated the SIM, but it is not recognised when we load it in the phone. I now see Easyfone isn't even mentioned as a brand for phones that might be compatible with Public Mobile - does anyone know if this is the case?

15 REPLIES 15

@BEAUREGARD  you are using an Easyfone?  what exact model is yours?

BEAUREGARD

EASYFONE works seamlessly with PUBLIC MOBILE. 😊 

Barlee

Yes it is, been using it for a year now.

Leeann

I purchased an Easyfone Prime from Amazon Canada at Christmas and was able to connect it to Public mobile without any hassle. Just used the phone to dat, no issues.

PeterS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

If you want to check if your phone is compatable online, then you can go to the following webpage (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started). Scroll down and then click on the drop down menu for "Check if your phone is compatable" and follow the instructions. Hope that helps. Please click as solution if this has helped you. Have a great day!

Barlee

I bought the Easyfone prime as a gift and want to ensure Public mobile will accept it. I understand you have this phone so want to check this information.

Thank you

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CJay wrote:

Thanks for the tips - turns out the SIM was loaded in the SD slot by mistake - when it was moved, it worked great!

So Easyfone Prime-A1 is indeed a good match for Public Mobile!! 🙂

LoL 

CJay

Thanks for the tips - turns out the SIM was loaded in the SD slot by mistake - when it was moved, it worked great!

So Easyfone Prime-A1 is indeed a good match for Public Mobile!! 🙂

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Things I can tell you about this phone.  It is not locked to a carrier,  no carrier that I could tell carries this phone.  It should be able to work with Public Mobile, because this phone is supposed to support the the 3G bands Public Mobile needs. 

So the question is, why does this phone not work?  Is the SIM installed properly?  is the phone duff?  Did you try other carrier SIM cards to see if they work?

[Solution highlighted; SIM had been installed in SD slot ............. Luddite]

@CJay wrote:

PS: It's a brand new, unlocked phone without a previous provider.

@CJay  should work according to the specs:

NETWORK & MEMORY

• Band: [3G: WCDMA 850/1900MHz & 2G: GSM850/900/1800/1900MHz]
  • Certificate: [Tested and comply with FCC, IC and CE Standards, given certifications.]
  • [Factory Unlocked Cellphone] - Works great with 3G, 2G Prepaid plan and MVNO operate networks such as Rogers/Fido, Telus/Koodo, Bell/Virgin.
  • [Internal Memory] - 64MB RAM/128MB ROM; Support Memory card, MicroSD Slot Expandable up to 16GB.
  • [NOTE] - The model isn't compatible with Freedom Mobile or Mobilicity network.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@CJay wrote:

I purchased an Easyfone Prime-A1 flipphone for my parent, and a PublicMobile SIM thinking it would work. We've activated the SIM, but it is not recognised when we load it in the phone. I now see Easyfone isn't even mentioned as a brand for phones that might be compatible with Public Mobile - does anyone know if this is the case?

Login to the self serve account and confirm your plan is correct and Active. If yes, try the SIM in another unlocked phone.

Read the phone manual and be sure you have select 3G for the network settings. It will not work on PM if 2G is selected.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@CJay wrote:

The PM phone checked cannot be used to confirm compatibility. You need to go by the phone specs or this website: https://willmyphonework.net/

THe specs listed here: https://www.amazon.ca/Easyfone-Prime-A1-Unlocked-Compatible/dp/B07BHH848H?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYT...

indicate it should work as already noted by geopublic.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CJay

CJay

Thanks - that's what I thought. This is why I bought the phone and thought Public Mobile would be a compatible service. BUT when I look on the Public Mobile site to find the phone and ensure it's compatible, the brand "Easyfone" doesn't even appear on the list! So this tells me it's not compatible...when we put the activated SIM into the phone, the phone says there is no SIM. Very frustrating!!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CJay wrote:

@CJay That's a 3G phone that is compatible with Bell, Telus and Rogers so it should work.

Maybe the phone is locked to the previous provider and you need to get it unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.