cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail address and User ID not recognized

Chef
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I began activation yesterday but was interrupted.  When I attempted to sign in this morning my user id or e-mail address was not recognized.  I tried to set up again but my phone number is already registered.  I'm at a loss - I have no other phone numbers or e-mail addresses, why are they not connected?

8 REPLIES 8

@Chef wrote:

No charge to credit card.  I tried clearing history and cache, no luck there.  So when I attempt to start an account it says the number I input is already being used.  So then I attempt to use my e-mail address to obtain my forgotten password with the e-mail address use and it says that it doesn't recognise the user id.  Thank you for your input, I will try and talk to the robot.

@Chef  Only a moderator can help at this stage as it sounds like your account is partially activated.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Chef wrote:

No charge to credit card.  I tried clearing history and cache, no luck there.  So when I attempt to start an account it says the number I input is already being used.  So then I attempt to use my e-mail address to obtain my forgotten password with the e-mail address use and it says that it doesn't recognise the user id.  Thank you for your input, I will try and talk to the robot.

That happened to me as well before. I went to London drug to buy a Simcard. the guy at the counter tried to activate the Simcard he filled out all the information and then all of a sudden the site crashed.

Then he tried to fill the info again but this time it was telling him that the Simcard is "already in use". The activation site for PM was having issues at that time when it crashed.

He then went inside and got a new Simcard and I tried to activate it the next day because I did not want it to crash again. 

I did hear that if you try to clear the catch/history and wait 1-2 hours it will be fixed as well. You can also try a different computer after an hour to try to activate it

Worst comes to worst you might have to get the Simcard swapped out as I did.

hope this info helps

Cheers

Chef
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Chef wrote:

Hello,

I began activation yesterday but was interrupted.  When I attempted to sign in this morning my user id or e-mail address was not recognized.  I tried to set up again but my phone number is already registered.  I'm at a loss - I have no other phone numbers or e-mail addresses, why are they not connected?

@Chef  When you insert the PM sim card do you connect to PM's network? If yes, click here to register your selfserve account. If not, then try the activation again. If you can't activate again then you need to submit a ticket to PM for help.

Click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Chef wrote:

Hello,

@Chef Try another browser or incognito mode. If you still cannot sign up, the fatest way to solve your issue is to send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Chef 

How far did you get with the activation?

Chick if your credit card was charged?

Check if you're sim works.

If yes, try to setup selfserve herehttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Welcome to public mobile

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Chef was your credit card charged? Did you receive a Welcome email from PM ? If you did, then you created an account with PM.  If you insert the sim into the phone, do you have access to the PM network? Did you transfer/ port your number ? Did you create a self service account?  If you know your phone number, and the PM SIM is able to receive text messages please set up one now. 

If this is impossible, contact the moderators and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket ). Or contact them directly using this private message link  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Chef wrote:

Hello,

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.  If you still need assistance then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.