cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual sim use with Koodoo and PM

stabilityphysio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I use a PM sim and Koodoo sim concurrently on a Blu Life X 3 dual sim phone. I know it is a dual standby sim. I have used two sim cards from two difference providers before, but not with PM

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stabilityphysio have you tried swapping which SIM was in which port?

Also, does the X3 have a menu setting to set the default SIM for calling and for texting and so on?  Similar to this on my OnePlus 5T:

Screenshot_20190102-085939.jpg

If so, how do you have that configured?  Could you please post a screen shot?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stabilityphysio interesting.  One might think that because PM and Koodo both operate on the same (Telus) network, that they couldn't be used at the same time.  However, I did for a while run two PM SIM cards simultaneously in my OnePlus 5T dual SIM phone, helping PM test out their (at the time new) "3G" speed data plans.  I didn't have the issues you experienced, I could call or text from either, and as you said set either as my active data connection.  

Have you maybe tried them in the opposite slots?  So if you have Koodo in 1 and PM in 2, try PM in 1 and Koodo in 2, or vice-versa.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stabilityphysio
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, but it doesn't actually work. The PM sim card and Koodoo sim card work when the other one is out. With both sim installed, I can choose either one for data and the data works, but I cannot use text or calls with the Koodoo sim when the PM sim is installed. I can use the PM sim for texts and calls when the Koodoo sim is installed. It is giving me the option to use either, but the Koodoo sim does not work. Note: while in Europe, Koodoo and the local sim worked fine, but it was installed by someone at the store. So I am wondering if there is something simple I am not doing.

@stabilityphysio wrote:

Can I use a PM sim and Koodoo sim concurrently on a Blu Life X 3 dual sim phone. I know it is a dual standby sim. I have used two sim cards from two difference providers before, but not with PM

Any limitation on using both sim cards wouldn't sttrictly be because of Public Mobile. 

As mentioned earlier, some phones with 2 sim card slots are able to connect to the networks of both sim cards at the same time, while some force the user to set which sim card to use at that moment.

Additionally, some dual sim card slot cell phones only allow certain network types for each slot. For example, many have been made that do not allow users to connect to a 3g-type network in the second sim card slot, while others did not allow an LTE connection.  Others would only allow certain network types in one slot in the other, but not both at the same time.

I had a look at some of the pictures of the Blue Life One  X3,  and it's not a bad looking phone.  It's too bad that it doens't have a better processor, but then again, it is priced competitively.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stabilityphysio- It should normally work like any two SIMs.  Limitation(s) should only be those of the phone (based on Sim 1 vs Sim 2, etc.)

Need Help? Let's chat.