cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double payment

amandanicole805
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It took two payments out this morning and only good for a month should be two but I need that second payment back I have kids and need that money I wasn't expecting for it to come out twice 

15 REPLIES 15

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

In future it might be easier to buy a voucher from a store or recharge.com and use a voucher to top up.

That endures there are no double payments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amandanicole805 wrote:

My renewal ended today that's why I tried last night to top up.. but I don't understand even when I call 611 says my balance is only 25$ shouldn't have next month's payment on there to since I payed twice this month and next month 

You said March 5 somewhere. Subtracting 30 days puts it to Feb 4 as your new term. So your last term ended Feb 3. So overnight of 3-4 is your renewal.

All monies go into Available Funds. You paid excess. Now it sits in your Available Funds. This system doesn't have a method of paying multiple terms in advance. You can deposit all the money you want into your Available Funds to pay for the anticipated terms in advance, but that doesn't pay for the terms themselves. They only take the money each term.

amandanicole805

My renewal ended today that's why I tried last night to top up.. but I don't understand even when I call 611 says my balance is only 25$ shouldn't have next month's payment on there to since I payed twice this month and next month 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amandanicole805 wrote:

Yes i have service now and it's tthe 25.00 one which comes to 28 something so two payments came out of 28 something so I shouldn't have to top up nothing in March 

Correct.

Like I said...unpredictability. The site will show all kinds of weird worrying information on renewal night. Stay out of your account on renewal night. It's why you saw weird information and the weird results you were seeing. Make sure to do things the day before or so. Keep track of the moving 30 day renewal date. Put something in a calendar for the day before.

But yes...you're fine for your next renewal.

amandanicole805

Yes i have service now and it's tthe 25.00 one which comes to 28 something so two payments came out of 28 something so I shouldn't have to top up nothing in March 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amandanicole805 wrote:

And its saying available balance is 25$ 

And your service is working?

What is your plan cost?

That $25 will now be used first for your next renewal overnight on March 5-6.

If that is not enough to cover your plan cost then you'll need to top up the difference. Do that on March 3rd or 4th. Not on your last day of paid service.

amandanicole805

And its saying available balance is 25$ 

amandanicole805

When i tried to do it last night I had 0$ in my account so I went to top up put in all my info.in and hit submit and it said there was enough in my account but there 0$ in my account so I don't get that so I just waited to till this morning to do it still said 0$ and I needed to top up so I did it twice this morning first time again said 0$ after I did it so did again then it went through and took two payments out of 28 something so almost 60$ came out this morning 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amandanicole805 wrote:

It's not my fault it's the way this is all setup and if this happens all the time then maybe something should be done .. I tried last night to top up and it said I had enough $$ on there and clearly I didn't because my balance was 0$ so I gave up so I did it this morning and when I did it the first still said 0$ did it again and finally went through but took two payments out and said top up March 5 which if I payed twice should be good for two months 

I agree with you that the renewal period is messy and unpredictable (other than the unpredictability being predictable 🙂 )

So your term expired last night. Doing things in your account during this renewal period can show misleading information.

Do you recall if it said you had $0 Available Funds before you started doing things? It's rather confusing that in the same sentence you said it had enough money but go on to say it had $0.

Do you recall if it said Plan Expired when you first logged in to do things?

What do you have for Available Funds now?

If it tells you that you have sufficient balance, then in fact you do.  The renewal process takes about 8 hours to fully complete.  If you see a warning message, read them, and understand them.  The dialogue boxes tell you to ignore if you have available funds or are on autopay.

If you look now, you probably have an available balance.

amandanicole805

It's not my fault it's the way this is all setup and if this happens all the time then maybe something should be done .. I tried last night to top up and it said I had enough $$ on there and clearly I didn't because my balance was 0$ so I gave up so I did it this morning and when I did it the first still said 0$ did it again and finally went through but took two payments out and said top up March 5 which if I payed twice should be good for two months 

@amandanicole805, so this was your mistake.  You paid twice.  As I understand it, you now have an available balance, and the Moderators have nothing to do for you.  Your refund (if you're asking for it) will take longer than your 30 day period to receive.

As you have active service, and an available balance, you should have nothing to worry about for your next cycle.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

You will have to talk to a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 It will probably take then 1-2 days to respond.

In the future, check your bank account before sending funds a second time. If the money is taken from your bank account then wait a few hours to see if it shows up in your Public Mobile account.

amandanicole805

I don't have auto pay I went online and did it the first time and it said my balance was still 0$ so I did it again and then it worked and checked my bank account and came out twice

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Did you ignore the message that says if you're on AutoPay, or have sufficient funds in your Available Balance, to do nothing?

This is a common error by subscribers,  who wouldn't have these issues if they just would read the messages advising them of what (or what not) to do.

Need Help? Let's chat.