cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doogee s95 pro compatible with PM?

Adrian2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cant find the Doogee s95 pro listed in compatible phones, however its the very newest model.  Have they just not gotten around to adding it to the list?  Is it compatible? How do I check compatibility before buying the phone, when the phone simply isnt in their list?  

14 REPLIES 14

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  I realize your correcting a self solution but the OP is still trying to get connected to data and responding today. Perhaps the OP should still be able to choose the solution. And out of curiosity what made your choice the second solution because I don't quite see where I'm wrong?

In your post, which was posted immediately above, UMTS 900 and 2100MHz were mentioned when Public Mobile doesn't use that.

@computergeek541  I see now I copied from a "wrong" solution. Thanks.

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541  I realize your correcting a self solution but the OP is still trying to get connected to data and responding today. Perhaps the OP should still be able to choose the solution. And out of curiosity what made your choice the second solution because I don't quite see where I'm wrong?

In your post, which was posted immediately above, UMTS 900 and 2100MHz were mentioned when Public Mobile doesn't use that.

@Jb456  Thanks you saved me a frustrating half hour of copy and paste.

@Adrian2 

@Adrian2  by chance do you know anyone with a Freedom mobile sim card? Some people with other phones were not able to change APN settings and the solution was putting a freedom mobile sim or a roam sim into their phone to be able to edit the apns to public mobile.

You running Android 8.1? Is there any software updates for that?

Not saying it will work for you but if by chance you can get your hands on one  of those sims..it is worth a shot.  Maybe a mobile store near you will let you use a freedom sim for a few minutes?? Or order one off Amazon? Freedom or roam.

How this thread below is interesting..it's Doogee s90 but same issue. There was other sims mentioned to edit APN settings Fizz, possible speakout..however one page the op said he put an old Fido sim in and was kind of able to change settings..then on page 4 he said he borrowed his friends bell sim and it didn't seem to work at first but when driving home he stopped at a store and data started to work.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/No-data/td-p/452072

And here's another thread about Freedom sim for another s90.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Data-Not-Working/td-p/360771/page/1

Now I can't say it will work as those two threads there was not really a final confirmation but there has be many other types of phones with same issue and that resolved the problem.

Hope this post helps you in some way.

@Adrian2  Is this a case where it greys out the ability to change the settings? Or does the (+) not appear at the top of the screen?

Can you give us a screenshot of the page where the missing button is supposed to appear?

Adrian2

the phone itself is great!  but, the second I left my house, 3 days later, I realized the data doesn't work.  I tried the APN settings, and it autopopulated Telus and would not allow me to edit them at all. the button doesn't exist.  I found a nova launcher prime youtube workaround, it also didn't work. I factory reset the phone about 9 times through the process and tried every combination of workarounds, nothing worked.  The phone is so nice that I'm debating leaving public mobile to be able to KEEP the phone.  Really well built, tons of room, fast, amazing graphics, but AVERAGE camera. My LG G6 takes slightly better photos with a 12 MP camera than S95 with 48 MP camera.  Perhaps the sensor is too small or some other limiting component that completely eliminates the benefit of having a 48 MP lens. all in all, if you like Public Mobile, the S95 doesnt' work.  I'm back to using my LG G6 for now and trying to get a refund on the S95 or find a Wifi only use for a $600 purchase. 

Adrian2

turns out the Doogee S95 pro does NOT work on public mobile.  I bought the phone, and the APN's could not be edited, and yes I even tried the Nova Launcher Prime solution. 

Adrian2

turns out the Doogee S95 pro does NOT work on public mobile.  I bought the phone, and the APN's could not be edited, and yes I even tried the Nova Launcher Prime solution. 

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Adrian2 

Did you end up getting that phone.

The specs bells and whistles look great.

A bit too pricy for a bottom feeder/handdown enthusiast like me, but would like to know how good it is

Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Adrian2, based on this site, the phone is compatible on 3G only.  Public Mobile does not use B34/39 LTE bands. 

https://www.doogeemall.com/en/buy/s95pro

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Adrian2 

According to pdevice.com it had requred frequencies

For talk you are looking for wcdma 850 and 1900

For lte you want b2,b4, b5 and more 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Adrian2   Your phone specs below:

And public mobiles

2G GSM: 1900/1800/850/900(B2/3/5/8)

3G WCDMA:

2100/900(B1/8)

4G FDD-LTE: 2100/1800/2600/900/800(B1/3/7/8/20)

Oops these are for your phone Doogee S95 GSM:B2/3/5/8 WCDMA:B1/2/4/5/8/6 TDSCDMA:B34/39 FDD:B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/18/20/25/26/28A/28B/66 TDD:B34/38/39/40/41(HPUE-Power Class 2,120M:2535-2655MHz) C2K:BC0/BC1/BC10

So thats a yes.

Need Help? Let's chat.