cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t EVER go to public Mobile

Ashleycoppe420
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didn’t know that I was going to switch until after I topped up bc I wanted data but I wasn’t going to wait another week so I top up then I seen chatr carrier so I when to them there a lot better then public Mobile so if u put money in your it’s non fundable so I lost 90$. Bc I couldn’t get data ya plus there no phone u can’t call or anything u have to go to Mississauga just to go to there booth like wtf ? So I’m telling you guys don’t go to public Mobile 

11 REPLIES 11

apresco0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Ashley, sorry to hear about your troubles. I too have just suffered a 48+ hour ordeal trying to get my phone working, so I sympathize with you.

If they are not offering you a refund, make sure you file a complaint with CCTS, the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services.

You can file a complaint here: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

I too am currently awaiting a refund for a double billing issue, and I will be filing one if I don't receive a satisfactory answer within 72 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imback, @Ryan1

You just have no clue do you. There are many thousands of customers happily, silently going along enjoying their cell service here.

You're having a problem. Yup. Happens. WAIT YOUR FRICKIN' TURN!

@stonechucker wrote:

@will13am, actually, Chatr is advertising no zone plans now.  But they don't have the cool rewards like Public Mobile.

I have fallen asleep at the wheel here.  Looks like both Chatr and Lucky removed the zone limitation in their new plans. 

cprnicus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I switched from a Rogers pay as you go plan a few months ago. First though, I RESEARCHED my situation on this forum to see how to go about switching without any related problems commonly incurred. The switch was smooth. The service and plan half the cost and twice the value.No gripes here. This forum is so much more awesome to get the info you need without the "hold" music and brain washing robo-rhetoric that most all "customer service departments" in other lands use. Learn from others errors - that's why this forum exists.Smiley Happy

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I know chatr mobile $10 plan no data add on available. so public mobile had advantage. but disadvantage is I notice that for other provider, like fido or koodo, if you go out for country, still can receiving the text message for free, but public mobile no service when you stay other country.

@will13am, actually, Chatr is advertising no zone plans now.  But they don't have the cool rewards like Public Mobile.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So let me get this straight;

1. You signed up with Public Mobile.
  2. You used Public Mobile for a few weeks.
  3. You found a better plan with Chatr.
  4. So you signed up with Chatr.
  5. THEN looked for a refund from Public Mobile.
  6. Accuse Public Mobile for ripping you off.

Seems like a pretty irresponsible sequence of events on your part. Just another customer that gets trapped in their own mistakes and looks for someone else to blame. Happens a lot here.

GC

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ashleycoppe420 wrote:

I didn’t know that I was going to switch until after I topped up bc I wanted data but I wasn’t going to wait another week so I top up then I seen chatr carrier so I when to them there a lot better then public Mobile so if u put money in your it’s non fundable so I lost 90$. Bc I couldn’t get data ya plus there no phone u can’t call or anything u have to go to Mississauga just to go to there booth like wtf ? So I’m telling you guys don’t go to public Mobile 

Rather than grudging, it's better to describe the issue in details, and seek for proper help either from the community or from the MODS.

At least from what I read, you used up the data before the renewal date, and you topped up, but then you chose Chatr. Not to say much, but these are your choices, including using up data before without any buffer, and instead of waiting, and switch to chatr. I can't read where PM is at fault in this case.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ashleycoppe420, no one brand is the right one for everyone.  Chatr has zones in their plans.  They don't have as many reward options to reduce the monthly fees.  Go with what works best for you. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
If you were having problems why didn't you post them here? That is what the community is for, someone may have been able to help you get your data working.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There are many happy customers here. Many who use data without a problem. Chatr is also prepaid so no refunds there either. 

Need Help? Let's chat.