cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does unused Data transfer over to the next month?

HappyGoLucky84
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just curious if unused data transfers to the following month? Can't seem to use it all 

7 REPLIES 7

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I have read on the PM website that data does not carry over unless you buy add on data. Same with Koodo, when I was there.

Fair enough but why then did they cut the 1/2 Gb plan from $30 to $25 AND then add the 1/2 Gb bonus for autopay? But they weren’t done there, then they launched the $15 plan! I know, both of these were to meet competitive plans from other providers and maybe no one else had a competitive plan in the $35 or 1/1.5 Gb range.

In any event, it works both ways... I’ve stayed on the $25 plan being careful with my data where I may have just gone to a $30 1.5Gb plan or a $35 3 Gb plan but won’t go for a $35 1.5 Gb plan. So, 1.5 Gb for $35 is out of sync with other plans to me.

Terry

@AE_Collector wrote:

looking at the plans including autopay bonus they have:

$15 = 1/4 Gb

$25 = 1 Gb

$35 = 1.5 Gb

$40 = 5 Gb

$50 = 8.5 Gb

There is one step in there that is extremely out of sync with the rest of the plans and I really thought they would have cleaned that up by now. Makes very little sense to me.

It makes sense to me. The progression isn't mathematical or technical, it's marketing. They want people to pay $40/month (or more) so they make those plans look more attractive by making cheaper plans less attractive. 

@LovesToPM wrote:

You may want to consider changing to a lower cost plan (for your next renewal).

This may be an example of how odd the current PM plan structure is.

looking at the plans including autopay bonus they have:

$15 = 1/4 Gb

$25 = 1 Gb

$35 = 1.5 Gb

$40 = 5 Gb

$50 = 8.5 Gb

There is one step in there that is extremely out of sync with the rest of the plans and I really thought they would have cleaned that up by now. Makes very little sense to me.

Terry

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@HappyGoLucky84 wrote:

Just curious if unused data transfers to the following month? Can't seem to use it all 

You may want to consider changing to a lower cost plan (for your next renewal).

As others have mentioned, plan data does not rollover. When your plan renews every 30 days (or 90 days for older plans), any unused plan data is lost.

Only (Canadian) Data Add-ons rollover. All (Canadian) Add-Ons will remain on your account until they are fully consumed. This does not apply to US Roaming Add-Ons which expire 10 days later.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HappyGoLucky84 wrote:

Plan data will not roll over to next cycle.

But the unused data add-on will be rolled over to next cycle until they are consumed.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unused data does not carryover to your next  billing cycle.  The only exception is data-ons will be carried over to your next billing cycle until it is depeleted.

Need Help? Let's chat.