cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you need PIN to port?

pku
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, just looking for a solid answer. When porting over from, lets say chatr, do I need to enter the PIN? Or is the account#, phone number, and full name sufficient?

4 REPLIES 4

Camelia_M
Customer Support Agent

Happy to help! Robot Happy

For a wireless port the information required is the account number or IMEI and a contact phone number.

The PIN is no longer valid information for ports.

SUBMIT A TICKET - https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

savvy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@pku wrote:

Hey guys, just looking for a solid answer. When porting over from, lets say chatr, do I need to enter the PIN? Or is the account#, phone number, and full name sufficient?

NOPE! Not only do you not need a PIN, but I highly recommend not giving it! If you have the account number, use that exclusively! Also make sure you are not putting more than one of these pieces of information in when you port - use only one.

Random note, with my port it actually said it failed in various ways, but then went through later, so don't be alarmed if your port looks like it times out and then goes through later.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @pku!

No you will not need the PIN.

Having the account holder's name, account number and the phone number you are porting should be enough.  Don't forget to check the "I am authorized ..." checkbox and enter an alternate phone number where you can be reached at in case of an issue with the port.

super8989
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Account # , phone # you're porting and Name. 

Need Help? Let's chat.