cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you Need a Cellular data plan..!!!

irishman4
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello  i have a Question  about  paying with a Credit card app  ..always been paying through  Wi-Fi....at home it's  since always On...

My question is  when I'll Be  far from Wi-Fi... & Still  want to pay with  Credit card apps  

with my iphone.(  when paying at a store  moving my iphone close to a paywave Store Machine accepting Visa )   since i'll be far from Wi-Fi   ..i Need  CELLULAR DATA PLAN so transaction can work....Am i... RIGHT OR WRONG ....

Told me Friend you have to keep your  CELLULAR DATA ON  &  CELLULAR DATA PLAN.

Can Anyone  Clear this Up..!!!..............Thank You...

4 REPLIES 4

irishman4

TheOldVR    Thank you for a Quick  Response.....

She'll keep her  Cellular Data Plan..with P.M.

for  Public Wi-Fi...  i installed  a Good  Vpn  all  Transactions are Encrypted..                                 .....................................Regards.............................

irishman4

i did  Accept  it as a Solution  ..Got  back some good answers  ( all Good Solutions)

P.S.  She'll  keep  her  Cellular Data Plan......

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm not an expert on this but here is what I understand...

To use a mobile payment option on your phone you need DATA... that data can be had via a cellular data service OR WIFI.

I have been in a store where my mobile connection failed but I was hooked up to the store WIFI and Apple Pay worked fine.

Just my experience....

One side-note... I use a VPN for all public WIFI connections and would recommend the same for anyone. This leads to another side note that places like McDonalds and Tim Hortons block VPN connections so I never use their WIFI.

Wow, that turned out to be a long response....

@irishman4 wrote:

Hello  i have a Question  about  paying with a Credit card app  ..always been paying through  Wi-Fi....at home it's  since always On...

My question is  when I'll Be  far from Wi-Fi... & Still  want to pay with  Credit card apps  

with my iphone.(  when paying at a store  moving my iphone close to a paywave Store Machine accepting Visa )   since i'll be far from Wi-Fi   ..i Need  CELLULAR DATA PLAN so transaction can work....Am i... RIGHT OR WRONG ....

Told me Friend you have to keep your  CELLULAR DATA ON  &  CELLULAR DATA PLAN.

Can Anyone  Clear this Up..!!!..............Thank You...

While not on Wi-Fi, you will need a cellular data connection for anything that requires an internet connection.  I would not suggest peforming banking transactions on an unsecured/non-encrypted free Wi-Fi hotspot.

Need Help? Let's chat.