cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the APN settings stay up to date?

The_Stig
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So, my wife switched to Public Mobile today (yay!). But she can't get access to her data. And (after much research) with the ASUS Zenfone 4 Max you can't just switch it on the phone. So we have to do it manually through her laptop. I think I have the whole ADB thing figured out, but I just want to verify I have the correct APN settings to put in there. So, could anyone verify what the correct settings are? Thank you in advance!

11 REPLIES 11

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For anyone in the OP's situation, you don't need to download the entire ADB kit. Simply google "ADB Fastboot" and download the minimal package. It's all you need to establish ADB connectivity between a PC and an Android device.

@The_Stig wrote:

Well, after 4 hours of wrangling with the ADB shell (why can't everything work like it says it will in tutorials?) and getting it going, entering in the info was a breeze. I also had to use 3 GB or the 5GB of data with my plan. So.....I had to use public Mobile's data to get public Mobile's data to work🤔. Anyway, thanks for the help! I appreciate it! Hoping I can add data🙏

@The_Stig  FYI you could also have added the APN using one of the following sim cards:

Freedom Mobile

Roam.com

Fizz Mobile

It has been reported by other customers that were able to add the APN using one of the above cards. 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So why is Public Mobile to Blame here? 

That's not indicated anywhere in the OP's messages!

@The_Stig wrote:

@surreyboz wrote:

@The_Stig wrote:

Well, after 4 hours of wrangling with the ADB shell (why can't everything work like it says it will in tutorials?) and getting it going, entering in the info was a breeze. I also had to use 3 GB or the 5GB of data with my plan. So.....I had to use public Mobile's data to get public Mobile's data to work🤔. Anyway, thanks for the help! I appreciate it! Hoping I can add data🙏

So why is Public Mobile to Blame here?  On any phone in order for internet to work you have to enter the correct settings for the cell phone provider you are using to make it work. Some phones those settings are Auto Generated and some phones you have to Manually enter them. 

FYI. If you have to Manually enter them you are not consuming your included data that is part of the Plan. However once entered and you start using the internet you are obviously now using your included Data/Gigs.

Didn't mean to make it sound like PM had any fault here. It's the manufacturer or the OS's fault. I had to use data because I needed to make my phone a hotspot for my wife's laptop in order to download the correct tools for the phone. We downloaded the whole Android suite, which was a bit of overkill.

There’s a tiny software that I’m currently using can add new APN setting on Asus Zonfone 4 Max .

The_Stig

@surreyboz wrote:

@The_Stig wrote:

So why is Public Mobile to Blame here?  On any phone in order for internet to work you have to enter the correct settings for the cell phone provider you are using to make it work. Some phones those settings are Auto Generated and some phones you have to Manually enter them. 

FYI. If you have to Manually enter them you are not consuming your included data that is part of the Plan. However once entered and you start using the internet you are obviously now using your included Data/Gigs.

Didn't mean to make it sound like PM had any fault here. It's the manufacturer or the OS's fault. I had to use data because I needed to make my phone a hotspot for my wife's laptop in order to download the correct tools for the phone. We downloaded the whole Android suite, which was a bit of overkill.

The_Stig

@MoreYummy wrote:

which apn works with your phone now? 

Is it specific setting for apn?

The first answer has a link in it for the settings. Worked like a charm!

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@The_Stig wrote:

which apn works with your phone now? 

Is it specific setting for apn?

@The_Stig Do a cost analysis.. depending on your plan and your usage, you can also renew early.

The_Stig

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@The_Stig wrote:

So, my wife switched to Public Mobile today (yay!). But she can't get access to her data. And (after much research) with the ASUS Zenfone 4 Max you can't just switch it on the phone. So we have to do it manually through her laptop. I think I have the whole ADB thing figured out, but I just want to verify I have the correct APN settings to put in there. So, could anyone verify what the correct settings are? Thank you in advance!

Fellow this website to make sure your Asus Zonfoen 4 Max zc520kl APN is correct

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/asus-zenfone-4-max-zc520kl

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.