cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do not need my SIM card anymore. would like to give my SIM to a friend. Is it something possible?

Mike0461
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Do not need my SIM card anymore. would like to give my SIM to a friend. Is it something possible?

6 REPLIES 6

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Mike0461 if the sim is activated and used, you can still give the sim to your friend. just change all the details.

• for personal details you can change that in self serve
  • remove your credit card
  • to change the login email to your friends you will need to contact moderators
  • if your friend would like to port his number to the sim account he will need to contact mods again

@Mike0461 wrote:

I think that the question needs to be asked if you ever activated this sim card before or if you just ordered it but changed your mind. If you just changed your mind about activating it, just give it to your friend. Purchased/never activated sim cards can be used by anyone.

leviheath
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately you wouldn't be able to, however there are many of cheap options for SIM cards! I used Canadian Cell Supplies personally and they were pretty quick and not too bad, though Amazon has it as well and would probably be faster (if that helps)!

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you didn't port your number (if you ported, its moot, the sim is garbage)  It is @Mike0461  as long as you are giving your friend everything except for your phone associated with the sim, the account, phone number and the email address which your friend can change afterwards by contacting the moderators. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Mike0461 hi no unless you give him all the account info and phone number to let him take it over also if it has been inactive more than 90 days it is no longer of any use 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

They won't be able reuse under a different account name  unless they want to use your phone#.  They would need to change the phone# in your self serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.