cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Not use Public Mobile , and save yourself from mountains of frustrating moments & time wastage

tabishgowhar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public mobile seems to be the most insensitive company ever .

I have send private messages daily for the last week , but nor is anyone replying , nor working on my request , nor providing the proper service.

Public mobile seems to work like an extortion company , only concerned about getting customers credit card details and their money.

These forums , these messages  seems like a joke.

If you as a customer are here looking for a solution , I bet it will not come easy.

So better is to let go of it , and stop giving this company business.

30 REPLIES 30

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@tabishgowhar

Spend some time here and get a solution...ranting and raving makes no sense...once you are familiar with the PM scenario all is good..its a great service provider...

ute1978

@tabishgowhar wrote:

Unless everyone else on this forum is a paid bot of public mobile .

I'm a bot, *bleep*, *bloop*.

None of the accusations in the very first post are true. What comes around, goes around, so maybe your frustration got loose towards one of the hard working mods.

For the majority of the members the Community serves two purposes:

- to get help and support

- to vent and be frustrated.

But I can tell you there are thousands of happy members with Public Mobile who unfortunately don't post their happy stories in the community. 

dna2016

@tabishgowhar, and here we go again.  Another frustrated customer.  I get your frustration, and especially if you've had quicker customer service experiences with other providers, but you have to keep in mind PM has a completely different servicing model.  Whether you agree with it or not, is not what's important, it's whether or not you can handle it.  

PM is not for everyone, it's a more DIY, with a community forum support centre.  MODS are available but they are definitely not guaranteeing any responses or solutions within a certain time period (on average within 72 hours, but sometimes more), as there are only a handful of them and a big triage line up.

With all that said, that's PM's model, save on customer service so they can provide additional discounts/rewards for their customers. I've been with PM for about 1.5 years and I've only had one hiccup at the beginning that lasted for about 2 days.  Ever since then I've had no issues, and saved more money with PM without having to call customer care (like we do with other providers), and yell and scream to get some money off for a year, and to then add another 3 years to my contract. Don't know another company just giving away money like this one, and don't say anything about FIDO dollars, don;t care about buying add-ons with FIDO dollars, I just want to lower my costs as much as possible.

Sending multiple private messages won't do you any good, as it'll just get tossed into the line up behind the others you sent.  I don't think "extortion" is the right word to use because I've gotten a crap load of money back by referrals, community rewards, etc..  I just think if you can't handle 1-2 days with no response, then move on to a company that has 24 hour call centre service.  PM is just not for you.  

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think you have to know what you're getting yourself into before signing up with PM, you can't expect them to offer these plans at these prices and give a full customer service experience, i.e they have to cut costs somewhere. I may be new but have not had any negative experiences so far, and the moderation team has responded quickly

@tabishgowhar Not a good idea to share these screenshot as they include your private info which is visible to everyone. 

tabishgowhar

And Shawn kept communication active 

tabishgowhar

Below is the grid of mails I had send vs the ones I recieved .

The only proper customer care/ customer  concern  /service was only depicted by ShawnC

@tabishgowhar Is there a reason this thread is marked as solved? If yes, please share what the issue was and what solved it. 

tabishgowhar

Thank you the image sharing tip helps.

tabishgowhar

Could be a reason.

Agreed .

But honestly , I did not see a guideline on the frequency of messaging .

So hopefully they will atleast get that up.

also you can reach out to the Oracle ShwanC13  to validate the messages and mails I have sent , and not create a wrong public perception.

Anyways I think I will get off this forum now , I am not paid by a telecom company to have argument s, debates and discussions with the agents in the forum.

I have my own job to save and my own life to live.

tabishgowhar

And just , 

if you,  My  Buddy are interested , you can reach out to ShawnC13 who is an Oracle Level agent in the forum .

I have shared with him more than 7 screen shots of my mails and the responses I have recieved, since the weekend.

You can take those proofs and be the next King James .

@tabishgowhar wrote:

I wonder if you will also be patient if your salary is delayed by Public Mobile by a month or two .

It won't happen as i am on direct deposit 🙂

@tabishgowhar wrote:

I would have lived with that too ,

But worse is even after messaging constantly,and regularly to the moderators they just ignore your messages .

Don't take an action ,Don't reply .

I just wish the moderators were equally good in  resolving issues or in typing for customers like you agents are  

They are not ignoring anyone's message that i am sure because they have confirmed to us that as of yesterday, there is no message in their database that was sent more than 3-5 days ago. May be because you are sending multiple messages constantly is what making them work harder as they have to go through the authentication process before working on any issue you are having. If you send multiple messages, it will take time for them go through them instead of a single message.

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tabishgowhar wrote:

Thank you for your advice :

Buddy I am not in this to score a slam dunk , nor I am in it to make financial gain for myself.

As for the proof's , I have already shared the screen shots  with an Oracle Level contributor  via PM.

I would love to share them in the community as well , but just that there is no image sharing option here.

And if the company still does not plug it holes , it's eventually thier loss.

Imagine me sending messages to them since last Thursday till today, and I finally got a reply this evening.

One thing I can say is cheap doesn't come cheap, and sometimes, the ultimate cheap is expensive.

You can definitely upload an image while you are replying a thread. Here it is.

无标题.png

tabishgowhar

Thank you for your advice :

Buddy I am not in this to score a slam dunk , nor I am in it to make financial gain for myself.

As for the proof's , I have already shared the screen shots  with an Oracle Level contributor  via PM.

I would love to share them in the community as well , but just that there is no image sharing option here.

And if the company still does not plug it holes , it's eventually thier loss.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tabishgowhar, then things really go south, we all want to vent the frustrations.  I can accept that.  However, what you say about being ignored is something I cannot believe.  I had an issue with one of my accounts requiring moderator team assistance.  I messaged them around lunch time yesterday.  In the early afternoon, they resolved my issue.  I only asked them once politety and that is all it took.  I will acknowledge that a day turnaround does not compare to a phone call into a call center.  This service does not have a call center and as informed customers we bougth the service knowing this.  Anyway, next day turnaround is hardly being ignored.  If you believe that you are in the right and was mistreated, then it is time to put your money where your mouth is.  Take a read of this knowledge base article and put in a complaint to the CCTS.  A ruling in your favor is a slam dunk if you have all the evidence to prove your case.  Please report back as I am deeply interested in the outcome.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/About-The-CCTS/ta-p/33309

tabishgowhar

I wonder if you will also be patient if your salary is delayed by Public Mobile by a month or two .

But yes I do agree with your comment  , as a customer the solutions don't come easy .

I would have lived with that too ,

But worse is even after messaging constantly,and regularly to the moderators they just ignore your messages .

Don't take an action ,Don't reply .

I just wish the moderators were equally good in  resolving issues or in typing for customers like you agents are .

Well for now , let's hope in the future they are equally competent .

Till then we customers will go to the gym, boxing rings,MMA mats , work out and develop some more patience .

tabishgowhar

And I respect of you not agreeing with my comment of that it  "seems"

But to put on record my "characterization"  is of the "company",  and NOT of the people working for it.

And I hope you being so well versed with the art of language , know the difference between an "employee" and a "company".

For now , and for the good of their customers let's just hope they plug in the gaps of their model and business.

Koodo /Telus /Public .. show be more than different faces of the same coin.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tabishgowhar wrote:

Considering that the service is switched off the moment the funds are exhausted.

What word would you use to describe it ?? 

@tabishgowhar For this part, I would use the word "prepaid" to describe it.  This is how prepaid accounts work, at any carrier in Canada.  There is no grace period, there is no billing after the fact for usage: It's a double-edged sword.  If you don't pay up for the next cycle of service, you don't get any service.  Perhaps choosing a prepaid account isn't a good choice for you?

@tabishgowhar wrote:

But no one cares to ensure the customer is able to get the services he has paid for . Even after repeatedly requesting ,pleading , writing messages every day to moderators , writing on public forums .

@tabishgowhar for this half, and I hate to say this, but the words that come to mind are "broken", "disorganized", "overwhelmed", "overloaded", "poorly executed".  The words you propose suggest malice or lack of caring, and from interaction with the moderator team (the support staff for PM), I am confident this is not the case.  The support system is pretty clearly broken right now, that's evident.  But it doens't mean they don't care.  I think there are a lot of good people, trying their best to do a good job, but being hampered by improper tools and probably a lack of resources and funding (I'm sure Telus operates PM on a shoestring budget).  

I'm sorry about your issue.  And, believe it or not, I actually kind of agree with your recommendation to pass on Public Mobile today.  I would not recommend or refer anyone I know and care about with the current state of PM.  I would actively discourage anyone I know that wants to use it, until the support issues are ironed out.  Having system issues is one thing, having support issues is one thing; either on their own is bad enough but usually bearable.  The two combined are a very bad situation for customers, IMHO.

However, once again I don't agree with your characterization of the company and the vast majority (if not all) of the people that work there.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@tabishgowhar wrote:

If you as a customer are here looking for a solution , I bet it will not come easy.

You have no idea what this company has given me and helped thousands of people to save $$ on their bills. If you are not patient, you should not be with Public Mobile.

hzmy

@tabishgowhar wrote:

No I am just hoping that with my criticism and feedback they will improve their system and plug in the loop holes.

Which eventually will help them and their business only

I hear you. 

I have tried to provide multiple advice as well. Everyone means well here. Believe me.

tabishgowhar

No I am just hoping that with my criticism and feedback they will improve their system and plug in the loop holes.

Which eventually will help them and their business only

hzmy

@tabishgowhar wrote:

It's not about bothering .

It's how customers, their time, their resources are taken for granted.

And thank you for your advice , but for me bringing the truth infront of people on forums like this would be a more feasible option.

Trust me I am not a bot.

One thing I would say is, I agree on them lacking a proper customer service system.

Because their system is built under the assumption of a happy path, meaning, assuming activation, providing a credit card information, self serve, and so on services are under proper operating condition plus assuming average users can handle some errors, system exceptions such and such, hence providing low cost on the service. But when **bleep** happens, it's when the system crashes, and user experience drops down to the **bleep**ter. 

I have 4 accounts with public mobile since 2017, and only the recent incident happened on me pissed me off extremely.

But being a technical guy who both have worked at bank and a telecom company, I can ensure you system won't abuse the credit card information and all those. There are lot of security checks, integrity checks, fraud department checks, behavior analysis, on your credit card to prevent any abuse.

If you believe the company is running some black business, I'd be glad to help you collect evidence, but I don't think that's how PM works. But still, evidence talks. If we have it, let's prove it.

tabishgowhar

It's not about bothering .

It's how customers, their time, their resources are taken for granted.

And thank you for your advice , but for me bringing the truth infront of people on forums like this would be a more feasible option.

hzmy

@tabishgowhar wrote:

Considering that the service is switched off the moment the funds are exhausted.

But no one cares to ensure the customer is able to get the services he has paid for . Even after repeatedly requesting ,pleading , writing messages every day to moderators , writing on public forums .

Insensitive ??

Careless ??

Money minded ?? 

Help with a choice of  proper word please.

If it bothers you hard, try to file a CCTS complaint.

tabishgowhar

Insensitive ??

Careless ??

Money minded ?? 

Help with a choice of  proper word please.

Watoko

"extortion", that's a strong word.

tabishgowhar

I  am taking about Public Mobile only , and I have corrected my typo's.

I can share screen shots of my messages as a proof of how incompetent public mobile's customer care is .

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your heading says : Do not use Public Mobile: but you talk only about the bad service of Freedon Mobile in the body of your message. Which are you talking about, Public Mobile or Freedom Mobile? I have used Public Mobile for quite a while now with no issue  and the moderators get back to me within a reasonable time when I need them. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tabishgowhar wrote:

Freedom mobile seems to be the most insensitive company ever .

I have send private messages daily for the last week , but nor is anyone replying , nor working on my request , nor providing the proper service.

Freedom mobile seems to work like an extortion company , only concerned about getting customers credit card details and their money.

@tabishgowhar, I'm confused.  Are you complaining about Freedom Mobile, or Public Mobile?  Your subject says Public Mobile, but everything else is Freedom Mobile.

Carld123

@tabishgowhar wrote:

Freedom mobile seems to be the most insensitive company ever .

Freedom mobile seems to work like an extortion company , only concerned about getting customers credit card details and their money.

@tabishgowhar

I dont like FREEDOM either...😀

Need Help? Let's chat.