cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Not join Public Mobile!

vpierre
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A month ago, I decided to join Public Mobile because of its cheaper price. But what I got instead is HORRIBLE service. During calls, my phone call would either drop, or the person would no longer hear me talk. It became so frustrating when I would have to keep hanging up and calling the person back numerous times during my calls because they could no longer hear me. My internet service was no better. It would go from LTE to 3G when I needed it most (Thank GOD for Wifi). 

Don't get me started on customer service, but Public Mobile has none. I had no one to ask questions, and no one ever answered my messages in the community. I have written 3 messages/threads in the community, and I cannot find them for the life of me.

I, unfortunately, had to stay a full 30 days with PM because I already paid for the month. Honestly, that was the most frustrating 30 days of my life!

Goodbye Public Mobile, I hope to never have to deal with you again in my life.

11 REPLIES 11

FDjossou
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm sorry for you, as I didn't have this problem.

Did you write to the moderator ? That is what I've done, as I didn't find the answer to my question through my communications with the community.

Sincerly good luck, hoping the moderator team will solve your problem.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@vpierre wrote:

A month ago, I decided to join Public Mobile because of its cheaper price. But what I got instead is HORRIBLE service. During calls, my phone call would either drop, or the person would no longer hear me talk. It became so frustrating when I would have to keep hanging up and calling the person back numerous times during my calls because they could no longer hear me. My internet service was no better. It would go from LTE to 3G when I needed it most (Thank GOD for Wifi). 

Don't get me started on customer service, but Public Mobile has none. I had no one to ask questions, and no one ever answered my messages in the community. I have written 3 messages/threads in the community, and I cannot find them for the life of me.

I, unfortunately, had to stay a full 30 days with PM because I already paid for the month. Honestly, that was the most frustrating 30 days of my life!

Goodbye Public Mobile, I hope to never have to deal with you again in my life.

Also you didn't really need to stay for the full 30 days. If it was as bad as you say you could have just gone with a different provider and ate the first month charge.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Wow, this person sure sounded jaded with Public Mobile. Like I have said in the past, it isn't for everyone. Coverage in some areas are bad, and some areas it's okay. Either case, I rather see them go versus complaining in the forum how bad it is here. 

I am just saying it out loud, that I love being at Public Mobile. So far, the customer service has been great (Moderators, Oracles and the Community) to the various different savings plans (AutoPay, Community Reward, Loyalty Reward and Refer a Friend) 

Heart

@moalkhatib wrote:

given his complains there should be good coverage for others around him so his complaint make sense, so gven he or she complains I thought that we should exclude this point although it is possible,

Thanks

People had issues with the service even in good coverage, there were call drops that were contract for some users, it was in technical nature and it can be fixed. 

moalkhatib

it can help to chose the strongest network at his location, maybe he is connected to Telus not PM, switching to PM helps , also connection type should be changed to Auto, or to LTE/WCDMA in "preferred network " next to APN Settings and not WCDMA only.

@moalkhatib wrote:

find out whether you connect on the right APN

search google on Public mobile APN parameters and set it up

Making chanages to APN settings won't help this customer. APN settings are not related to phone call services, nor would them being set incorrectly cause the customer to change from the LTE to 3g network.

moalkhatib

given his complains there should be good coverage for others around him so his complaint make sense, so gven he or she complains I thought that we should exclude this point although it is possible,

Thanks

@moalkhatib wrote:

Hello,

Just wait, I tell you few things

Public mobile service is on the strongest mobile networks in Canada, so no where you will get better service

What I do suggest is to use another phone and see how it works

the moderators would answer any question you ask them and pretty much very fast at Moderator _Team

the price point is important so not to mention it

I would advice you to just contact the moderators,fix issues with your handset

Hope this would help

There can be coverage holes in any network.  So you gotta give OP some benefit of the doubt.  

moalkhatib

Hello,

Just wait, I tell you few things

Public mobile service is on the strongest mobile networks in Canada, so no where you will get better service

What I do suggest is to use another phone and see how it works

the moderators would answer any question you ask them and pretty much very fast at Moderator _Team

the price point is important so not to mention it

I would advice you to just contact the moderators,fix issues with your handset

Hope this would help

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Really sorry to hear that.
Well you can always come here and ask questions, I checked your profile and saw you once complaint about the service and you wouldn't reply to people's questions, if you want to receive help you would have to give them some details and the circumstances, but you just went quiet. If that happens nobody can give you suggestions how to proceed.
You could have also contact moderators, they are both account and technical support.
Even if there is a call customer support you would have to actually talk to them to explain the circumstances of your issue before they could help.
It's still not too late, if you click on the question mark you can type'human' and you will be able to open a ticket.
It looks like your problems were of technical nature.
Best luck

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@vpierre , sorry things didn't work out for you in this service.  Based on your description it seems like connectivity was a root cause for service issues.  What service were you with previously?   There's only two national networks.  Unless you were with Rogers and affiliate, the coverage would have been identical to this service.  As for unanswered threads, that seems strange.  These days there's people who will attempt to provide an answer as fast as you post the question.

Edit: I located your old thread where you complained about the service and members did discuss your issues. It seems like your local area is not well covered by the Bellus network but works fine with Rogers.  This kind of stuff happens and it could go the other way.  

As for the customer service, it is different than other brands.  I would not use the same description you used.  It is minimally acceptable and takes getting used to due to the unique format of the customer service.  

Need Help? Let's chat.