cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I still have the 1GB promo even if I switched to a cheaper plan?

Frank1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched from a $40 or $45 plan to a cheaper plan for the time being ($15) but had a 1GB promo. Do I receive 250MB + 1GB every month for $15 or is that no longer valid since I changed my plan? Note: I'm talking about the 1GB promo and not the 1GB holiday giveawat add-on.

Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) Promo
105  /  400 MIN
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
0  /  1024 MB
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
0  /  400 MIN
100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
0  /  100 MIN
1GB Promo
0  /  1024 MB
250 MB at 3G speed
5.514  /  250 MB
400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)
174  /  400 MIN
8 REPLIES 8

@Frank1 wrote:

Okay, so I did have a reoccuring 1GB of extra data each month, but now I don't. The 1GB promo was something else then? 

The one-time 1GB promo was gifted to everyone a few months back.

The reoccuring 1GB of extra data each month is a more recent promo offered from Dec 4 to 8

If you activated at a earlier date, you did not have the reoccurring bonus.

With PM offering so many promos, it can be difficult to keep track of them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Frank1 

The 1GB recurring data bonus requires you to stay on a $35 or higher plan. If you switch to a $15 plan, you will lose that bonus.

I wonder that that that bonus only appears in the promo area rather than the add-ons area like the recent 5gb one.

Frank1

Got it. The promo was a one-time thing not recurring.

No idea what I have two seperate 400 mins add-ons but I'm not really worried about it. I doubt I'll ever use all these minutes. 

Frank1

Okay, so I did have a recurring 1GB of extra data each month, but now I don't. The 1GB promo was something else then? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Frank1 wrote:

I switched from a $40 or $45 plan to a cheaper plan for the time being ($15) but had a 1GB promo. Do I receive 250MB + 1GB every month for $15 or is that no longer valid since I changed my plan? Note: I'm talking about the 1GB promo and not the 1GB holiday giveawat add-on.

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US) Promo
105  /  400 MIN
0  /  1024 MB
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
0  /  400 MIN
100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
0  /  100 MIN
1GB Promo
0  /  1024 MB
250 MB at 3G speed
5.514  /  250 MB
400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)
174  /  400 MIN

The 1GB promo doesn't renew each term. It just stays on your account until it gets used. Your prior plan apparently had enough data for you to not touch the promo data.

Why do you have two paid 400 minute add-ons? Was one of them the "gifted" one from back in the spring with a bunch of problems that were happening then?

Frank1

I guess I was a little confused and thought the 1GB was a recurring event. Either way, good to know I've got an extra 2GB in my back pocket if needed.

@Frank1 

The 1GB recurring data bonus requires you to stay on a $35 or higher plan. If you switch to a $15 plan, you will lose that bonus.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Yes, both promos are listed on your account.

0  /  1024 MB

1GB Promo
0  /  1024 MB

These add-ons remain on your account until they are fully consumed, regardless of which plan you are on.

Need Help? Let's chat.