cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to cancel Telus Account

lookitsme
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just received activated and installed my Public Mobile Sim card. I kept my Telus phone number. Do I need to contact Telus to cancel my account with them or will it automatically cancel with the activation of the Public Mobile Account?

9 REPLIES 9

km0414
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was with Telus until this morning. Walked into Walmart. They signed me up on the spot for PM with a free Sim Card, automatically cancels Telus when you provide that account number. I was also able to keep my same phone number. AND I also received the referral bonus because my husband signed up last month. Soooo easy and worth it!

mathsz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Emphasis, should not be.

it was in my case 🙂 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

i just ported my numberand my account with telus was closed, it was almost instant. I got a email from telus saying "sorry to see u go"

@slash407 exactly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I feel left out.  Neither Rogers nor Wind called me to come back.

srlawren

@mcs11 wrote:

@srlawren I cancelled from Virgin and rather than a "Sorry to see you go" email, I got a frantic call within 24 hours saying, "Please come back"!

@mcs11 yes, that's what Bell and Virgin do.  They have also been known to hold up approval of a port until they have had a chance to reach you by phone and try to convince you not to go to begin with.  Slimy.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mathsz wrote:

I had to cancel it after the port was done.

only took a phone call and was real easy too.

@mathsz I did not have to call either. My account closed automatically and I was provided with a refund of the unused month by my previous provider (I was on post-paid).

@srlawren I cancelled from Virgin and rather than a "Sorry to see you go" email, I got a frantic call within 24 hours saying, "Please come back"!

srlawren

@mathsz wrote:

@mathsz this shouldn't be necessary at all.  When I ported from Telus to PM in fall of 2015, within minutes I had an email in my inbox from Telus saying "sorry to see you go" and the account was closed.

mathsz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@lookitsme wrote:

I just received activated and installed my Public Mobile Sim card. I kept my Telus phone number. Do I need to contact Telus to cancel my account with them or will it automatically cancel with the activation of the Public Mobile Account?

@lookitsmeDO NOT CANCEL IT 🙂

Once everything is complete on their end, they will automatically close your account (and pro rate / give you a refund) for remaining balance (if you are post-paid) possibly by cheque 30 days after your last account statement normal billing date.

Need Help? Let's chat.