cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do $10/30 days plan get charge for data?

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Earlier, i was having trouble retrieving MMS and a poster suggest turning my data on, so i did.. When i check my usage, it state my data usage although it's $0, just curious, will we receive a bill later on data?

6 REPLIES 6

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Danlee,

Know that if you want to use the MMS you need to effectively turn on your data, I want to let you know that MMS are part of the SMS bundle. Data has nothing to do with MMS it only uses it to be sent without actually using any data. Think of it like a gateway.

And since this is a prepaid service we aren't going to charge you for something you already paid. So you are not going to receive any bill.

If you do have any further questions about your account, feel free to contact us in private through the following link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Korth wrote:

I don't really know the full details about how this "Limited" Text plan works, yet.

But I notice that the $10 Limited Talk/Text Plan page describes "50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text", while the pages for all the other Text Plans (like, say, the $25 Unlimited Talk/Text Plan page) explicitly describe "UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging".

I also notice that (MMS) Text attachments/pictures are not mentioned anywhere in PM's announcement/description of this plan.

So MMS attachments may or may not work on the $10 Plan.  If they do work, they may or may not count extra towards the 50 Text limit.  If they don't work, then of course there won't be any extra charge.  There's just no way to know until someone tries it or until the @CS_Agent gives us more information.

Mms works without a data plan.  It uses unmetered data.  No need to waste the moderator team's time on this one.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I don't really know the full details about how this "Limited" Text plan works, yet.

But I notice that the $10 Limited Talk/Text Plan page describes "50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text", while the pages for all the other Text Plans (like, say, the $25 Unlimited Talk/Text Plan page) explicitly describe "UNLIMITED International Text and Picture Messaging".

I also notice that (MMS) Text attachments/pictures are not mentioned anywhere in PM's announcement/description of this plan.

So MMS attachments may or may not work on the $10 Plan.  If they do work, they may or may not count extra towards the 50 Text limit.  If they don't work, then of course there won't be any extra charge.  There's just no way to know until someone tries it or until the @CS_Agent gives us more information.

Hola
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In addition to what others have said...

I have the same plan and just leave WiFi on.  I see messages whenever I am connected to Wifi.  No data charges ever!

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile is strictly prepaid: If you have not paid for a service it is not available to you and you won't get any surprise bills.

MMS needs a data connection but will not "eat" any data that you might have bought (data add-on in your case).

Please note that this is the case with for classic MMS sent through your phone's messaging app that sends your SMS. iMessage, WhatsApp, Facebook etc messengers will need a regular data connection and any messages count towards your data bucket.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM is prepaid so there are no charges.  what you pay for you get what you dont pay for you will never get charged for,

MMS require a data connection but not a data plan and you will never be charged for the data usage.

Need Help? Let's chat.