cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty with sign up

Lindaearle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have signed up and had service but my telephone # has been ported back Bell Mobility.

Is there a moderator who can assist me with this

12 REPLIES 12

@exr8dcanadian wrote:

Happened to me. Put your old SIN card in the phone and restart it. You’ll get a text from your old carrier asking to restart the port. Hit Y and it’ll start the process. Wait until you get another confirmation text that it’s done. Put your new SIM card in and restart the phone. Wait 5 min and you’re good 

@exr8dcanadian   Sorry, it has been a while for my porting request and I forgot.  So the old provider will actually send another text after saying the Porting is completed?

exr8dcanadian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Happened to me. Put your old SIN card in the phone and restart it. You’ll get a text from your old carrier asking to restart the port. Hit Y and it’ll start the process. Wait until you get another confirmation text that it’s done. Put your new SIM card in and restart the phone. Wait 5 min and you’re good 

it has been almost 10 days from the original request.  I think you can open ticket with mod as advised above to have them sort out the situation.

you might also try to call the porting team to see if they can re-submit the porting request.. but it has been 10 days.. I will private message you the number,  check the Community inbox (envelope on the top right)

@Lindaearle wrote:

When the account was set up with PM, we took the old SIM out (Bell card) and activated the PM SIM. We tested this with family and we did get texts from them.\Also received a text at 7:22 pm July 21st from Bell to confirm the telephone # transfer and sent a text back confirming this by clicking YES.

Today we discovered that later that evening ( July 21) Bell claims the Port Out request was cancelled. 

It could be a timing issue. But, did you test (bold) with already ported number or using assigned number from PM?

Anyway I believe this will be quickly resolved either by calling provided number or contacting MODs.

You can contact MODs through above provided link or click on Chat icon, type 'ticket' and follow prompts. After few clicks you should see 'Click here to submit a ticket'. Having a ticket might provide faster response. Might...

@Lindaearle...porting can sometimes fail. Only a Public Mobile moderator can help you going forward. Keep us posted when you get sorted out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lindaearle : Did you confirm within 90 minutes of the actual activation? Not just the reception of the text? So when it gets requested again, be sure to put the Bell SIM back in to be able to respond within 90 minutes.

Lindaearle

When the account was set up with PM, we took the old SIM out (Bell card) and activated the PM SIM. We tested this with family and we did get texts from them.\Also received a text at 7:22 pm July 21st from Bell to confirm the telephone # transfer and sent a text back confirming this by clicking YES.

Today we discovered that later that evening ( July 21) Bell claims the Port Out request was cancelled. 

@Lindaearle wrote:

They said that Public Mobile needs to send another request so that Bell can release my number and transfer to Public Mobile.

Can you have this done?

If that is the case, just initiate new port request.

Mind you, folks here are regular customers like you trying to help each other. No PM employees can be contacted through forum.

If you need help we cannot assist with, you have to contact Moderators.

You'll need help from a moderator....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check that little envelop icon as @Meow  sent you a valuable phone contact for your issue. Good luck

Lindaearle

From speaking with Bell Mobility, they tell me that the Port Out request was cancelled on July 21,22021. No idea who requested and why!!

They said that Public Mobile needs to send another request so that Bell can release my number and transfer to Public Mobile.

Can you have this done?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Are you saying that you signed with PM, did proper porting of your Bell (followed procedure to leave old SIM in your phone and reply YES on sent SMS), were able to receive phone calls/SMS using PM SIM -AND- your ported number and suddenly your - now PM number was transferred back to Bell?

If this is all correct, I will send you PM port support number by private message so you can discuss issue with them. Watch for your PM mailbox...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lindaearle...top of page click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of moderator assistance.

Or...click here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when the moderator responds to your query. Please allow up to 24 hours for their reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.