cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't get the $25 Credit by Referring them to Public Mobile

SaSaNg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, first post here.

Back in late November 2018 there was the "Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile". My dad signed up using my mom's public mobile number as a referral but neither of them got the $25 credit (I thought it would show up on the bill next month but there was nothing, so that's why I am posting here right now). I did some digging on the forum and realized that the promo was online activation only. My dad did the activation at Walmart and back then I was actually going to help my dad activate online, but the staff there insisted that they would do that for me and said that I would still get the $25 credit. And here I am, neither my mom nor my dad got the $25. Is there a way to get the $25 credit? 😞

Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SaSaNg wrote:

Thanks, I will do that.

What's more upsetting was that I actually went to Walmart Day 1 to get the SIM, and they told me that they could activiate for me. So I thought I would be nice and help them make some commision, so I made another trip and brought my parents back to Walmart Day 2 to get it done. Both encounters I asked them twice about the $25 promo and they said yes...

You are not the first victim of lying WM rep.

SaSaNg

Thanks, I will do that.

What's more upsetting was that I actually went to Walmart Day 1 to get the SIM, and they told me that they could activiate for me. So I thought I would be nice and help them make some commision, so I made another trip and brought my parents back to Walmart Day 2 to get it done. Both encounters I asked them twice about the $25 promo and they said yes...

That's ok @SaSaNg to complain with walmart and explain what happen with the employe there...but I don't think that it will make a difference...

@SaSaNg wrote:

This is so frustrating. When the Walmart staff insisted that they would do the activation for us in store, they said that I would still get the $25 credit! I am going back to Walmart tomorrow and complain! 

But yes, my mom did get the $1 monthly credit and my dad did get the $10 referral credit.

Remember it isn't Walmart Staff, they are a third party operating within Walmart.  It is better if you can get the store# Location and phone number and send a message to Mary_M the Moderatory explaining what happened.  I believe she is collecting that info still.  The rewards you got were for retail activations that is easy to see.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SaSaNg

This is so frustrating. When the Walmart staff insisted that they would do the activation for us in store, they said that I would still get the $25 credit! I am going back to Walmart tomorrow and complain! 

But yes, my mom did get the $1 monthly credit and my dad did get the $10 referral credit.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@SaSaNg wrote:

Hi there, first post here.

Back in late November 2018 there was the "Get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile". My dad signed up using my mom's public mobile number as a referral but neither of them got the $25 credit (I thought it would show up on the bill next month but there was nothing, so that's why I am posting here right now). I did some digging on the forum and realized that the promo was online activation only. My dad did the activation at Walmart and back then I was actually going to help my dad activate online, but the staff there insisted that they would do that for me and said that I would still get the $25 credit. And here I am, neither my mom nor my dad got the $25. Is there a way to get the $25 credit? 😞

Thanks in advance!

@SaSaNg, the third party that operates in Walmart was incorrect and you can only get it with online activation.  Your dad should have received $10 for being referred and your mom should be getting $1 per month.  IF that was not done you can message mods and get the referral for that after the fact.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunatly no, if it specified online only and he signed up in store then you won't get the credit for it. But she should still be getting $1 reward every month for the referral, if that isn't showing up then she needs to contact a moderator.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Oh!!! I am so sorry for you @SaSaNg. It happened with me too....nothing to do...but you will have a 10$ for reffering...and 1$ per month....

Need Help? Let's chat.