cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't get registration email

CE1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just switched my account from Koodo a few hours ago... which I am now learning on the forum tends to have issues.

I appear to have successfully ported my number. Koodo cut off my cell service and sent me an account closure email, and switching to the PM SIM card shows that I have cell service again, though I haven't tried sending/receiving texts or calls yet. I can also successfully access my PM self-serve account.

But I haven't received a registration email or anything from PM. The email I used for PM is the same one that was used for Koodo. Is the initial email just really delayed, or is there something I have to get fixed in order to be able to get billing emails, etc. about my new phone plan?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

VK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have strong objection for not verifying email id's during account activation. I have my gmail inbox flooded with unknown people's mails like getting their monthly bank statements, some booking their online orders, etc with their data given. These days with slight data breach one can get even more info through social media sites, I even had logged in to their's account with password reset option and cancelled few orders.

Hence, I would strongly advise PM to enforce email id verification during account activation which even I didn't see coming to my inbox.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CE1 wrote:

Hi,

I just switched my account from Koodo a few hours ago... which I am now learning on the forum tends to have issues.

I appear to have successfully ported my number. Koodo cut off my cell service and sent me an account closure email, and switching to the PM SIM card shows that I have cell service again, though I haven't tried sending/receiving texts or calls yet. I can also successfully access my PM self-serve account.

But I haven't received a registration email or anything from PM. The email I used for PM is the same one that was used for Koodo. Is the initial email just really delayed, or is there something I have to get fixed in order to be able to get billing emails, etc. about my new phone plan?

Thanks!

@CE1  - That is good you can access Self Serve. Status says, Active?

Maybe the email was typoed when you activated the SIM card?

Did you receive a Welcome TEXT on your PM SIM card? And like an Account PIN through text too?

For network, connectivity issues, try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

Were you transferring a Koodo Postpaid account?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS Prepaid, TELUS Postpaid, or Koodo Postpaid, the process will be the same as transferring in from a different carrier.

If you wish to transfer an existing number from Koodo Prepaid or PC Mobile, you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Customer Support Agent (CSA) team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CE1 

If you ported over to PM from Koodo, did you leave the Koodo SIM in the phone and confirmed that your are porting over to PM. This is an important step to complete the porting then power off the phone and switch the SIM and wait a few minutes and power on the phone.

No email will be sent out…information will be done through SMS text from PM.

You can login to your Self Serve account to check billing information etc.

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CE1 , it sometimes takes a while to receive the registration email from Public Mobile.  My friend that I referred to Public Mobile recently, she didn't receive the registration email until the next day even though her number was ported to Public Mobile successfully, SIM card activated fine and she even received the welcome text but the registration email came in late.  It was the last thing that she received from Public Mobile confirming everything.  And also check your spam folder, sometimes your email provider might have categorized it as "spam".

I would say as long as everything is working fine then there is nothing to worry about it.  Check your self-serve account to make sure.  That registration email is just a formality, purely ceremonial.  🙂    

Hope this helps.   

@CE1 wrote:

Hi,

The welcome e-mail doesn't affect your servcie in any way.  And other than containing your account number in that e-mail message (which you can also get by logging into your Self Serve account), there really isn't any nfromation that you'll need from that message.  I would check to see if the message was marked as junkmail by your e-mail provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.