cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did the "FREE3GB" promo kick out my bonus 500mb data with auto pay on the $35 plan

Lpham
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I signed up/activated the $35/monthly plan and it showed me in the promo section that I had the promo of bonus 500mb data (totaling 2gb) for signing up for auto pay.  Public has a "FREE3gb" promo code for a bonus 3bg and when I entered that in it looked like the bonus 500mb was kicked out.  My summary for plan now does not show it either.  Did the 3gb kick it out?  If I only had one as a choice I would prefer the bonus 500mb monthly than the 3gb to be used until it ran out.
Thanks in advance!

29 REPLIES 29

Tony49

I think the promo was for new activations only.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I had no idea public offered win back promos! I had heard of koodo doing such things (though I haven't gotten any) but I hadn't heard of public doing so as well

.... so how many people just bounce back and forth to the best deal? Lol

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Glad you got it figured out

Lpham

@computergeek541 

Mod team got back to me :

Hi Lisa,   I have great news for you.   I´m glad to inform you that we have added the 500MB bonus and the $10 Referral Credit to your account.    Please feel free to review the details on your self serve account and please let me know if everything is fine.   

I checked and its there!  

(I tried to insert a snip screen shot but it doesn't allow me lol)

Lpham

@computergeek541 

Its definitely not showing in my plan summary.  I guess I will wait and contact mod team if it doesn't appear in a week.  The 3gb does show under promo.

@Lpham I know that the terms say that it could take 7 business days to apply, but I believe that when either a new customer signs up to this $35 plan that includes a total of 2GB (autopay bonus included) or changes to it as an existing customer, that bonus data is immediately available.

Lpham

@Dunkman 

So I guess I am eligible for both the 500 mb and 3gb!  Reply from Mod team:

Hi Lisa,   Thank you for your reply.   I really apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, but please dot worry, you will receive the 500MB bonus. Only that it can take up to 7 business days to reflect on your account.   Please click HERE and select Offer details for more information.   I will monitor your account to make sure you receive the promised bonus. 

I am so impressed by Mod team and this community in general.  I was skeptical of not being able to speak to a person if there was an issue but this has changed my thinking completely.

Lpham

@Dunkman 

Thanks for suggestion - I definitely will! I actually just received a message from the Moderator team and explained situation.

@Lpham 

Let the community know what happens with your account.  What the moderator says....  or if you do change to 2GB $35 plan, did you lose the 3GB data add-on.  It will be helpful for others.  Thanks.

@gblackma wrote:

@Pawprints1986 it was an offer to entice back  previuos customers.

@gblackma 

The 3GB has nothing to do with getting customers back. The winback offer was a discount.

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Is that 3gb targeted? Or for new sign ups only?

This offer was for new customers.

@Pawprints1986 it was an offer to entice back  previuos for new customers.

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is that 3gb targeted? Or for new sign ups only?

@Dunkman wrote:

@Lpham 

According to terms and conditions of 3GB bonus promotion:

Terms and conditions
3GB one-time data bonus will automatically be applied to activations on $25/mo rate plans or more after the eligible promo code has been entered online. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied.

This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

Since the promo 2GB $35 plan is another in market offer, it probably wasn't not stackable.

As stated above, you could future change your plan to the $35 2GB plan promotion for next renewal. The only potential problem is according to terms, if you change plans, you may lose the 3GB data add on.  However, Public mobile probably won't remove it.  Data add ons are usually not removed unless you use it up.

@Dunkman  I wouldn't be so sure about that....... @Alan_K  indicated after the Dec 4th to 8th 1gb data promotion that promotional data add ons were to be coded to the rate plan and would automatically be removed when the rate plan was changed. I seem to remember a moderator confirming this was something they had no power to change. Unless someone can confirm.....i would go on the assumption that you will lose the 3gb data add on.

@Lpham   The 3gb data add on rolls over if you would use 500mb more each month (on the promotional $35/2gb plan)  the 3gb data add on will last you 6 months maybe more.....as the unused portion of your add on will roll over and the plan data won't. You can test out your usage....maybe you need more data? Pay $5 more and get 5gb for $40.  Maybe you only need 1gb  or you find you only need 1.5gb? You would  then be better off on the $25 plan with the $15/1gb add on. This is a better option because its roll over data and if you don't need to use it  will roll over rather than be wasted as plan data. If you find you need close to or a little more than 2gb its best to bump up $5 to the $40 plan.

@Lpham 

According to terms and conditions of 3GB bonus promotion:

Terms and conditions
3GB one-time data bonus will automatically be applied to activations on $25/mo rate plans or more after the eligible promo code has been entered online. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied.

This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

Since the promo 2GB $35 plan is another in market offer, it probably wasn't not stackable.

As stated above, you could future change your plan to the $35 2GB plan promotion for next renewal. The only potential problem is according to terms, if you change plans, you may lose the 3GB data add on.  However, Public mobile probably won't remove it.  Data add ons are usually not removed unless you use it up.  

Lpham

Im a brand new customer!

I just ported over my phone from Freedom tonight.

I set up my daughters phone yesterday but this is my brand new plan.

@Lpham wrote:

no plan change, when I added the promo code for free 3gb it looks like it kicked out the 500mb bonus

I'm confused as to whether you were an existing customer a brand new customer when all this happened.

Lpham

no plan change, when I added the promo code for free 3gb it looks like it kicked out the 500mb bonus

Lpham

Yes I am set up for auto pay

Thank you for link!

@geopublic wrote:

@Lpham  If you select change plans within selfserve does the plan show up as soon option? If not, then it means that you are still on that plan.

Best to submit a ticket and ask the moderator team.

A moderator wouldn't be needed, at least not if the system put the customer on the version of the $35 plan that only includes 1GB +500MB for autopay. 

If I were the customer, I would stay with the $35 plan currently on the account. The one-time bonus 3GB will be added with 2 business days of activation. This means that the customer potentially has 4.5GB that can be used for this first 30 days (if the entire bonus gets used up within that time).

@Lpham Simply schedule a future-dated plan change to the version of the $35 plan that includes the 1GB+500MB auto pay bonus+500MB promo bonus. Since you never got that bonus, you should be able to switch to it since I believe that Public Mobile considers the plan with and the plan without that extra 500MB to be two different plans. 

@Lpham wrote:

Hello!

I signed up/activated the $35/monthly plan and it showed me in the promo section that I had the promo of bonus 500mb data (totaling 2gb) for signing up for auto pay.  Public has a "FREE3gb" promo code for a bonus 3bg and when I entered that in it looked like the bonus 500mb was kicked out.  My summary for plan now does not show it either.  Did the 3gb kick it out?  If I only had one as a choice I would prefer the bonus 500mb monthly than the 3gb to be used until it ran out.
Thanks in advance!

This is a matter of whether the two offers are stackable or not. However, you did actually have a choice. When the extra 500MB was no longer showing, you didn't have to proceed. You could have started over again, but when customers, try to do that, they do need to wait 50 minutes before a new activation can be restarted.

@Lpham  do you have auto pay setup?

Auto pay is one of the applications that provides 500mb bonus data as well.

Before you do anything I would contact the moderators for clarifocation regarding your account contact them here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Lphamhi maybe I'm just getting tired lol but I know you will not lose your 500mb for autopay but are you saying you changed plan?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Lpham just keep this plan for one month. and change to the promo $35 plan on your next renewal date. this way you keep the 3gb add-on. just add available funds for the plan change. or you can contact customer support they might be able to fix it for you.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

@Lpham  If you select change plans within selfserve does the plan show up as an option? If not, then it means that you are still on that plan.

Best to submit a ticket and ask the moderator team.

Lpham

its not there:(

Just the 1.5 gb and the bonus 3gb 

Lpham

Thanks for reply!  How would I switch back to the plan when its the plan I'm on?  Sorry, I think I get what you mean but not sure how I would do it?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lpham 

Looks like you might have to switch back to it.

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 
  • If you are already on the $35 plan and would like to receive the bonus data, you will have to switch your plan in Self-Serve

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Lpham hi check in your self serve under data and add on it all should be there plus check data usage to see what you used maybe sign out and back in and check again one will not delete the other, your 3gb is a one time addon it will not be used unless all your plan data for the cycle is used up 

Need Help? Let's chat.