cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did Not Respond To Port Request From Old Provider Within 90 Minutes During Activation

Maceron
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

New Public Mobile customer here! While activating my Public Mobile account I missed the SMS from my old provider to port my cell number and did not respond within 90 minutes. I need another port request from Public Mobile in order to cancel my plan with my previous provider. Is there a fast way to do that? I attempted to do it on my Public Mobile account, but the system says that my number is ineligible and to contact the Public Mobile Community. So here I am... Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Maceron 

Glad your port request from other provider completed.

There should be no need to "cancel" your prior mobile service; the porting of a number 'out of' a provider automatically closes the account and service with the prior provider.

You should be able to confirm this by logging into their self-serve account and viewing the account status of that other service.

You may wish to ensure any payment/credit card which was associated with that other service provider is removed from their payment systems.

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Maceron 

Great that everything worked out for you and welcome to PM!

Common mistake that people do is not leaving the old carrier SIM and confirm with a YES that they are porting over to PM. Then powering off the phone and replace the old SIM with the new PM SIM.

Leaving old carrier sim didn't matter before as much. The incoming calls wouldn't be received until the porting finished but it would complete. Now, it can't complete without leaving the old sim in. 

@Maceron 

Great that everything worked out for you and welcome to PM!

Common mistake that people do is not leaving the old carrier SIM and confirm with a YES that they are porting over to PM. Then powering off the phone and replace the old SIM with the new PM SIM.

@Maceron wrote:

Thank you for the reply! I think everything has been sorted out now. I am now receiving texts with my Public Mobile SIM. 

Hi @Maceron thank you for letting us know.

If you have any further questions, we are here to help

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

Maceron

Thank you for the reply! I managed to sort it out and I believe the number has been transferred correctly. Really appreciate the fast responses!

Maceron

Thank you for the reply! I think everything has been sorted out now. I am now receiving texts with my Public Mobile SIM. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maceron : If you don't mind us all knowing where your number is from...please reply with the area code and prefix of your number (not the last 4 digits). Some numbers can not be transferred.

Need Help? Let's chat.