cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I screw up? No USA Data or phone access when I bought and engage the following Add-ons

Fredly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Looking to understand what happened during my recent Trip to the USA.

Basically I added the following Add-ons to my wifes Account (see pix below)

It was to allow us to have Long Distance and Data for our 3 day return through the USA.

I realize the it's a 2 stage process to initiate the Add ons, but I believe this was done correctly.

I did get one call through to the US from Canada before heading over, so thought all was good.

But once there, I got nothing. Tried rebooting, Manually changing to both AT&T as well as T Mobile, and fiddling with the settings on my Iphone 6

Nothing worked!

We are now back and would LOVE to know what I did wrong/how to do this next visit.

Thanx ALL, Fred in Hamilton

Public Mobile Plan.JPG

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fredly wrote:

Understood, thank you all, Fred

If you have a Canada-wide plan then the 200 add-on can be used to call the states.

If you happen to use just that little too much data one term then the 200mb can be a little extra cushion.

Fredly

Understood, thank you all, Fred

@Fredly wrote:

**bleep**!

I added the funds to my Acct via the web site, but added the Add-ons via the Phone Menu, (not the web Site) and must have selected the wrong  Add-ons. Man Sad

I guess that's it!

Thanx people, Fred in Hamilton

@Fredly  On the bright side it's not all that bad to have those add-ons in your account and they don't expire like the US roaming ones do after 10 days. Smiley Happy

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

you purchased the one you use while in canada you needed the roaming package sorry!

Fredly

**bleep**!

I added the funds to my Acct via the web site, but added the Add-ons via the Phone Menu, (not the web Site) and must have selected the wrong  Add-ons. Man Sad

I guess that's it!

Thanx people, Fred in Hamilton

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@Fredly wrote:

We are now back and would LOVE to know what I did wrong/how to do this next visit.

Neither of those are the ROAMING add-ons.

@Fredly as @Anonymous noted, both of those add-ons you purchased are for use while in Canada only.  To get what you wanted, you would have had to purchase the 10-day US Roaming Talk add-on (for calls) and one of US Roaming 10-day 250MB or 500MB or 1GB data add-on for the data part).  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Fredly wrote:

Looking to understand .......

@Fredly  Best thing to do is to include this info when notifying the Public Mobile moderator team. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Edit: Good catch Z Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fredly wrote:

Looking to understand what happened during my recent Trip to the USA.

Basically I added the following Add-ons to my wifes Account (see pix below)

It was to allow us to have Long Distance and Data for our 3 day return through the USA.

I realize the it's a 2 stage process to initiate the Add ons, but I believe this was done correctly.

I did get one call through to the US from Canada before heading over, so thought all was good.

But once there, I got nothing. Tried rebooting, Manually changing to both AT&T as well as T Mobile, and fiddling with the settings on my Iphone 6

Nothing worked!

Thanx ALL, Fred in Hamilton

Public Mobile Plan.JPG

Neither of those are the ROAMING add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.