cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialing local number say "its a long distance number"

Rt87654
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I cant make incoming and outgoing calls for the last ten days. When I try to make a call , it says its a long distance number even though its a local Toronto number.

I contacted the Moderator_Team about the issue last Friday but i just got reply asking me to confirm my address and credit card which i did. I am still waiting for reply. It takes ages to get support by Moderator_Team. Is there any number i can call for support? When your phone line not working , do you get priority support?

I am new to public community support.

6 REPLIES 6

Rt87654
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for everyone's input.  As computergeek541 suggested, it says you need long distance addon and call fails. I will wait for the Moderator_Team to fix my account as soon as possible.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rt87654, you have probably learned through your interaction so far that the private messaging system is not like live chat.  When interacting with the moderator team, it is important to fully identify the affected account with PIN code and provide as much information about the problem in question as possible so that the moderator team can work on the issue without having to ask for further information.  Each interaction causes further delays to problem resolution. 

With respect to the issue, this sounds like an account provisioning issue that requires moderator team invertention.  During account set up, sometimes the database of eligible area codes are not properly set up, leading to long distance being assumed for what would be a local call. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it's a known glitch. only the mods can help you. Hopefully they can get to you soon!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rt87654

PM does not have call centre.  Private message to moderators is the only way to get help.  Please be patient as re-sending message will move you to the end of the wait queu.

Try adding 1 in front of your local number before dialing  Some PM subscribers that it works.

@Rt87654 wrote:

Hi, I cant make incoming and outgoing calls for the last ten days. When I try to make a call , it says its a long distance number even though its a local Toronto number.

I contacted the Moderator_Team about the issue last Friday but i just got reply asking me to confirm my address and credit card which i did. I am still waiting for reply. It takes ages to get support by Moderator_Team. Is there any number i can call for support? When your phone line not working , do you get priority support?

There is no customer service phone number.  The only way to contact customer service is to by talking to Moderator_Team.  

Does the message say it's long distance and that it can't make the call or that it's might cost you extra long distance charges and then proceeds?  if it's the second thing, ignore the message. You can try adding a 1 before the number to eliminate the reminder message about a call being long distance (the one that let's the call go through).

If the messages says that you you need a long distance add-on and then the call fails, the only thing you can do is have the moderators fix something in your account that is causing this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rt87654 wrote:

By the time I type this I'm sure you'll have your answer.

No and no.

As for the problem you're having, new area codes and prefixes (or exchanges) come up somewhat frequently these days as older existing ones get fully populated. Phone carriers then have to update their systems to recognize those new entries.

The other thought would be that it doesn't matter. Even if you're just province-wide, it's not really a long distance call and it's not going to cost you anything more.

Need Help? Let's chat.