cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device is blocked, enter master unlock code

selvakalvi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have recently ported my number over from Chatr to PM and bought a PM sim card.

I noticed that the service was removed under Chatr, and upon putting in the PM sim card and restarting my phone, my device said that the device is blocked, please enter master unlock code.  Initially, it did ask for network code but i inputted incorrect numbers few times.

Please help as i dont have any service.

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Be careful not to enter the incorrect code too many times.  I read somewhere that you only get so many tries and then it's permanently locked.

Gel-Doua
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Contact ChatR, if they provide you a locked phone, they're supposed to unlock it for free

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@selvakalvi When phone asks for master unlock code, it's a 2-step process. You need to use master code. That turns on the ability to use regular unlock code. You'll need both.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@selvakalvi  
If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@selvakalvi Seems like your phone is locked to a carrier you bought it from. Either call them or call your phone brand to get the unlock code. Since you entered it too many times, you might have to wait a few days. 

Need Help? Let's chat.