cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device PIN Blocked - on my old Blackberry Z10 device

dragos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have moved my SIM last week from Nexus 6P to my old Blackberry Z10 device; has worked well for 2-3 days (Calls, SMS, internet browsing) but now it's unusable - it display a white screen saying:

"Device PIN Blocked"

IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unable to contact Blackberry service. Please contact service provider fro assistance.

Reboot does not help - get the same screen, can't use the phone.

I got this phone from Blackberry (gift, worked for them a while ago) but did not use it in the past 2 years at least.

Any idea how this issue can be fixed?

Thank you,

Dragos.

edited by computergeek541: removed IMEI number

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JB007 wrote:

wanting to solve if at all there is a solution

The OP ended up going to crackberry. Didn't hear any resolution after that.

I can't remember what I did to get a used Z30 going. It's been a couple years. It's likely to do with Blackberry ID but that might be obsoleted now.

But lots of useful information on crackberry.

@JB007 hi are saying you have the same issue with a Blackberry Z10 device?

JB007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

wanting to solve if at all there is a solution

@JB007 Are you:

a) just commenting in this older thread, or

b) wanting some traction to solve your problem?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JB007

i have the same problem, i dont know how to flash it atleast

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Means that your phone is locked by Blackberry's infrastructure. To get it unlocked you need to call Blackberry 

Likely a dead-end, I'm afraid.

Jonathan007

Hi Guys

iI have the same issue with mine

dragos
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi RobertQC,

Thank you for answer.

My Nexus 6P is dead, after a battery change operation (it's a pain to revert that, so I am pondering getting a new phone, if i cannot figure this Z10 stuff); i'll try to put the SIM in a different phone to see if it's still OK.

Thanks for checking the blacklist database; in the case it's Blackberry problem (BBID). I'll try to find something on crackberry.

Regards,

Dragos.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dragos wrote:

Hi,

I have moved my SIM last week from Nexus 6P to my old Blackberry Z10 device; has worked well for 2-3 days (Calls, SMS, internet browsing) but now it's unusable - it display a white screen saying:

"Device PIN Blocked"

IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unable to contact Blackberry service. Please contact service provider fro assistance.

I got this phone from Blackberry (gift, worked for them a while ago) but did not use it in the past 2 years at least.

Thank you,

Dragos.

Means that your phone is locked by Blackberry's infrastructure. To get it unlocked you need to call Blackberry or some have mentioned that the provider might be able to help so it wouldn't hurt to send the @CS_Agent  a private message to see if there is any way to resolve this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@dragos wrote:

Hi,

"Device PIN Blocked"

IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you,

Dragos.

@dragos  You said this phone was working for the last couple days, just now its giving you the error. If you put the sim back in the 6P does it work?

Do you have another sim to try to put in the z10, if so does the message go away? I checked the blacklist, your phone has not been added to it

@Anonymous  is probably the expert with blackberry, maybe he can provide some more info.

Well thank you @RobertQc but I'm no expert.

@dragos: You coming from Blackberry, you would be more aware of the several layers of security that Blackberry used. Then with the exceedingly sad death of OS10 and the slow obsoleting of it and the handsets...your 2 year old inactive Z10 is in the cross fire.

sandpublic is probably right.

It could also be Blackberry ID related. I acquired a Z30 (I still have a Z10) which I had all kinds of trouble getting going. I had to figure out the equivalent rooting and OS install to get it working. The previous owner *might* have coincidentally in the meantime freed the ID from Blackberry but I don't know that for sure.

But it has worked great ever since and I still use it.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dragos wrote:

Hi,

"Device PIN Blocked"

IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you,

Dragos.

Is this a corporate phone? Is it possible that it might being blocked by Blackberry software.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dragos wrote:

Hi,

"Device PIN Blocked"

IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you,

Dragos.

@dragos  You said this phone was working for the last couple days, just now its giving you the error. If you put the sim back in the 6P does it work?

Do you have another sim to try to put in the z10, if so does the message go away? I checked the blacklist, your phone has not been added to it

@Anonymous  is probably the expert with blackberry, maybe he can provide some more info.

Need Help? Let's chat.