cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dell Sierra Wireless IMEI Unlock Code?

I couldn't unlock my IMEI thru Dell as my warranty is expired, and I'm waiting on Reddit and Twitter to get back to me. My IMEI can be provided upon request from official staff.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Dell Sierra Wireless IMEI Unlock Code?

So do you have a Dell cell phone? Cause your tags say "Laptop" and this is not a computer shot. It's a cell service provider.

Where did you buy it from? If it is from a cell provide like bell, Rogers, etc..you have to contact them for the unlock code.

In Canada now the rules are they must provide the unlock code for free..

Public mobile can't help you with that unless it's a very old phone from years ago when public mobile sold phones and you bought it from them.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@RoXx0rBoT You should be able to find it out by dialling *#06# on your phone? What do you mean by imei locked?  Can you use you PM cell phone or is it puk locked? Thanks.

Highlighted

It's a laptop, it has a SIM card tray installed in it from the OEM. Dell Precision M4800. Drivers are installed, just no clue how to get it to call or text #060#

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Is this a wireless card ?  I think you would need to contact Dell for support.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@RoXx0rBoT which provider did you get the phone from originally??

You can contact the provider with your IMEI and they will provide you with the unlock code for free of cost. 

chatting with an agent thought the providers website is probably easier option if they offer support through chat.

edit: nvm saw your post about the laptop

Cheers

Highlighted

My warranty expired 3 years ago, and the WWAN card I purchased was from China. It was literally the ONLY one on all of the internet. Only paid $25. Maybe I could get into touch with the seller?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@RoXx0rBoT  You need to talk to Public's moderator team for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@RoXx0rBoT  I'm not sure it will work.

Assuming it's unlocked and activated as I believe you would have the laptop with those configurations. If not it's just an empty slot with no configurations. You might need to install drivers as well.

You would have to contact Dell or check the Dell service code to the Dell support site to see if that feature is activated on your laptop. 

Not sure if it would work for calling might just be for data...but the other issue you'd have is figuring out the band frequency of it to see if it's compatible with Public Mobile.

Best of luck on your experiment.

Highlighted

It quite certainly is an adventure in babysitting ahah

Dell International won't help, and the Dell Canada people don't have a listed phone number that will accept my call with my expired warranty. I've contacted the original seller from China and made 2 posts on Reddit as well as here to solve it ASAP