cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery of online sim

mahsa_hashemi62
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wonder wether post services puts the sim in the post box or deliver it at door in high rise buildings. 

10 REPLIES 10

@Meow wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Meow 

I have seen SIM cards sent by Canada Post lettermail, Canada Post Xpresspost, and by UPS Standard.  It's not always by regular mail.

Good to know. But in any case I doubt SIM will be delivered directly to customers hands, correct? It will end up in mailbox, or note will be left to pick up at local post office.

The way couriers and mailman deliver mail/packages these days (they just throw mail/packages and run away) we should be lucky to get anything. BUT flyers and junk mail are always nicely stacked in my mailbox...

Needing to pick up the SIM card at a post office is extremely unlikely. Canada Post delivery employees have been directed to ignore almost all signature requests for delivery of pacakges/items. There are a few exceptions (such as registered mail), but that's really isn't a factor regardless of that because Public Mobile doesn't usually choose the signature required option for delivering SIM cards. Even then, at least with Canada Post, it's actually possible to accept delivery of a package (under normal times), but refuse to provide a signature for a "signature required" tiem .  SIM cards being a very small item, almost always get sent in a envelope and wi be delivered the same as your regular mail if it was sent by Canada Post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow wrote:

BUT flyers and junk mail are always nicely stacked in my mailbox...

LOL! Ain't dat da troof!!

And hey...there are other-gendered "letter carriers" working just as hard or harder than any mail_man_. 🙂

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Meow 

I have seen SIM cards sent by Canada Post lettermail, Canada Post Xpresspost, and by UPS Standard.  It's not always by regular mail.

Good to know. But in any case I doubt SIM will be delivered directly to customers hands, correct? It will end up in mailbox, or note will be left to pick up at local post office.

The way couriers and mailman deliver mail/packages these days (they just throw mail/packages and run away) we should be lucky to get anything. BUT flyers and junk mail are always nicely stacked in my mailbox...

@Meow wrote:

SIMs are send as Canada Post regular mail so whatever your default method for receiving mail, that it will be. I doubt PM sends SIMs by courier...

softech
Oracle
Oracle

They sent via Canada mail, no signature required.. just drop off on your mailbox.

But , you might not want to order from PM directly as SIM delivery could take as many as 3 or 4 weeks.

If you need it urgently, you might want to get it from Amazon if you have Prime membership

or you might want to check local kiosk (Walmart/London Drugs, etc), they might give you the SIM for free if you activate with them.

@Meow wrote:

SIMs are send as Canada Post regular mail so whatever your default method for receiving mail, that it will be. I doubt PM sends SIMs by courier...

@Meow 

@mahsa_hashemi62  Has not said where it was ordered from or what the price was.

I know where to get them free and delivered free by Canada Post. With zero processing time.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If it requires a signature?

If it is normal Canada Post.....your mail box. 

Depends where you ordered from.....you may have to get on your horse and meet up with the pony express.  😂😂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahsa_hashemi62 

the Delivered to your community mailbox, parcel locker or apt./condo mailbox.

the not delivered to your door,

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mahsa_hashemi62 wrote:

I wonder wether post services puts the sim in the post box or deliver it at door in high rise buildings. 

Wherever you usually get your mail delivered. Give it up to 3 or 4 weeks for it to arrive.

Need Help? Let's chat.