cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delaying Plan Start Date

Econ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have a friend who is currently with Koodo prepaid. I have recommended that they switch over to Public Mobile's $15 plan. However, they still have over a months worth of prepaid time with Koodo. I am just curious if there is a way for my friend to get a sim and lock down the $15 plan, but delay it for a month or so? If not any recommendations would be appreciated.

Best,

Econ

6 REPLIES 6

@popping wrote:

Switching provider always incurs 

Update:

You friend can activate with a $10 plan with a temporary PM number.  After activation, do I plan change to $15 plan on the next renewal date.  The first month will be free with the referral credit and free WM SIM card.  This approach will let your friend to try PM service and extra time required to port Koodo prepaid number to PM.

The customer would still need to pay for the first 30 days.  The $10 credit for being referred only kicks in after the first plan cycle has been paid for.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Econ 

PM plan starts right away after activation.

Sometime, WM gives out free SM card when you let WM to do the activation.  This will save $10 for the SIM card.  WIth the $10 referral credit, you friend is only spending $5 for the first month.

Switching provider always incurs extra cost as you can only port a number which is active.

Your friend needs to get a PM number from,PM first as porting Koodo prepaid number requires moderator help.  Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Update:

You friend can activate with a $10 plan with a temporary PM number.  After activation, do I plan change to $15 plan on the next renewal date.  The first month will be free with the referral credit and free WM SIM card.  This approach will let your friend to try PM service and extra time required to port Koodo prepaid number to PM.

Update 2:

Please let your firend know that PM plan is prepaid plan.  There is no refund of the unused service.  Therefore, make sure to do the plan change on the next renewal date - NOT immediately.

@Econ wrote:

Hello,

I have a friend who is currently with Koodo prepaid. I have recommended that they switch over to Public Mobile's $15 plan. However, they still have over a months worth of prepaid time with Koodo. I am just curious if there is a way for my friend to get a sim and lock down the $15 plan, but delay it for a month or so? If not any recommendations would be appreciated.

Best,

Econ

As others have said, you so do need to start your plan at the at the same time as activation. There is no delaying the start. However, you can sign up now if you, like, but you will need to pay now and keep the account active. If you have done that, you can port the Koodo number in later if you like. It's possible that the $15 plan might still be available if you wait a month before acrivating, but no one can promise that.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Econ wrote:

Hello,

Best,

Econ

I don't think you can delay for a month or so, because PM is prepaid service too. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Econ wrote:

Hello,

Best,

Econ

@Econ  Not possible, but a good idea to have the PM sim card on hand when ready to activate with Public Mobile. As you know prepaid plans are just that no refunds. Use or loose.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Econ wrote:

Hello,

Best,

Econ

Your friend will need to contact a moderator for the Koodo prepaid port. Have him/her ask them about delaying, they would have the best answer to this question

Send them a private message here: link

Need Help? Let's chat.