cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in receiving the ordered SIM card

vahid1986
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello dear friends, I ordered the SIM card for 23 days, but I have not received it yet. What do you think I should do?

23 REPLIES 23

@BlueB wrote:

@NDesai 

That's a smart discovery... I learned something new today - tracking by Order #.  Thanks for sharing! 👍

@softech wrote:

@NDesai thats a  good 👍 find...

You're welcome! I discovered that more than 2 years ago, so I had it subscribed and therefore easy to find. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Luddite 

Interesting, thanks... even in the GTA, there are other places to get SIM cards and arguably better too - discounted, or free/promos/etc.  Maybe Public Mobile should contract the UK to deliver SIM cards... 😅

@BlueB  PM's fulfillment partner has been woeful from the beginning. 😢

Unless you live in the GTA, it's best to order anywhere else. Heck, I ordered some free SIMs from a UK carrier a month ago and they were delivered within a week!

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BlueB

@softech ...and that's why NDesai is an oracle! 😁

@NDesai thats a  good 👍 find...

BlueB

@NDesai 

That's a smart discovery... I learned something new today - tracking by Order #.  Thanks for sharing! 👍

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@vahid1986 Are you able to track the order at all? Try following the guide on the link given below. 
How to track your SIM card order? - Community (publicmobile.ca)

@BlueB My remarks were directed at what I put in parentheses only. 

BlueB

@vahid1986 

We're users helping users (like you!) so it's best for you to contact a Moderator (staff) who can try and get more details to help you.  They'll be able to tell you if they can assist with any cancellation/refunds on your order.  Chances are the order is fulfilled by now, but regardless, click on the chat bubble (lower-right corner) and open a ticket with them.  Alternatively, you can message them directly here.  Goodluck!  🙂

Where do you live? We will find a retailer for you to buy one. Then either ask for a refund through a MOD. Or keep it for your first referral. 

BlueB

@LurganIeUk 

The issue here is that the OP hasn't received their SIM card, not whether Telus should sell off or otherwise redesignate operations of Public Mobile.  You also missed quoting the word efficiency is where it hangs in the balance.  Regardless of whether you agree or not, the reality is that Public Mobile has delays in getting the OP their SIM card regardless of the reason.  Feel free to reach out to Staff if you feel like they should be doing anything differently, but it doesn't change the help we're giving the OP.  🙂

vahid1986

I do not know how to change or refund?

@BlueB wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

While I agree that Public Mobile may have a distribution problem, the reality exists where businesses still aren't up to full operating efficiencies, especially across different parts of the country.  A recent Canada Post package took 5 business days instead of the usual 4 pre-pandemic so we're getting close.  The OP can always contact the Moderators too to get further details on their order or go another route like you mentioned.

I disagree 100% in regards to "business still aren't to full operating". And if they “the distributor” are not ... they will fail. Amazon....no problem.....Canada Post .... no problem....Rona....no problem...Home Depot....no problem. And I do believe that the issue was there as well pre pandemic. And like I said the condition is not conducive to attract a new customer. What would make more sense is for PM to forget the excuses, be professional  and seek another carrier to do the work. 

It's a no brainer to resolve. 

Are we not in an era where having a mobile phone is a necessity?

I was at a mall for the first time in over a year. Lots of shops closed and papered up. But not one mobile shop had disappeared. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@vahid1986 

This is common when order your SIM from PM. Patience is key.

As noted by others, if you don’t receive it in 3 or 4 weeks. Contact a PM moderator.

BlueB

@LurganIeUk 

While I agree that Public Mobile may have a distribution problem, the reality exists where businesses still aren't up to full operating efficiencies, especially across different parts of the country.  A recent Canada Post package took 5 business days instead of the usual 4 pre-pandemic so we're getting close.  The OP can always contact the Moderators too to get further details on their order or go another route like you mentioned.

@BlueB The pandemic excuse is no longer valid!

For some one wanting to move over to PM and has a plan or hasn't thought of a plan....4 weeks is far too long to wait. It is not a conducive way to attract new business. And Canada Post is NOT the problem. I can mail locally in 3 days and to the east in 4-5. PM MUST have a distribution problem. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vahid1986 

Ordering Sim from PM online could take 3 to 4 weeks.  Yours should be coming in the next week 

if you need a SIM urgently and you are activating new lines, check local kiosks like Walmart, they might give you one for free if you activate with them.

if you want an update,  your might want to click on the Chatbot and open a ticket with mod.

This is how to open ticket with mod: 

**After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Try Amazon $5 and delivered tomorrow .... seller is Public Mobile. But can't find. 

Also eBay for 99 cents and free delivery. 

They send the card with the old graphics.....

BlueB

@vahid1986 

The simplest thing to do is wait 1 more week.  SIM cards seem to be taking ~1 month over the pandemic.  Although we're starting to see some things improve, it also depends on where you're located, etc.  If you don't receive it in a week after 30 days, you can always reach out to a Moderator (staff) who can help you look into when they mailed it, etc.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Contact a moderator.  Either click on the bubble on the bottom right corner or send a private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@vahid1986 this is an open forum and we are just customers like you. you might not want to show your personal info here.  please go back to your post and click edit to remove

Ordering Sim from PM online could take 3 to 4 weeks.  Yours should be coming in the next week 

if you want an update,  your might want to click on the Chatbot and open a ticket with mod. 

if you need a SIM urgently and you are activating new lines, check local kiosks like Walmart, they might give you one for free if you activate with them.

This is how to open ticket with mod: 

**After you open a ticket with mod, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Mod will communicate with you via messaging within Community

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

vahid1986

Hello, I have ordered my SIM card for 23 days, but I have not received it yet. Please give me a number to call. What is the company that is not even willing to send the SIM card after 25 days? Please refund my fee and the worst case scenario Didmain is a public mobile that delivers the order to the customer and I am sorry with a very long delay..

edited by computergeek541:  removed customer's information

Need Help? Let's chat.