cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in payment

_Naren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys, am just wondering if for some reasons I don't renew the plan on the said date. Do I lose my number? Or I got some time withinin which if I don't pay the bill the number would be gone from hold? Thank you. 

8 REPLIES 8

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just curious why wouldn't you set up auto-pay which gives you $2/mo savings on your plan as well as a hassle-free experience like never forgetting to renew your plan? A win-win situation IMHO.. 

@Ronny_Wong wrote:

Hi @_Naren,

If you forget to pay for monthly premium, you wont lose your phone number. You wont be able to go on the internet nor will you be able to receive messages, you will be able to send messages though. However, you will need to pay for it in the next week or so or your phone number will be gone. It has happend to me before. First hand experience.

If payment fails, all Public Mobile service stops. You can't send texts when in suspension.

Ronny_Wong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi @_Naren,

If you forget to pay for monthly premium, you wont lose your phone number. You wont be able to go on the internet nor will you be able to receive messages, you will be able to send messages though. However, you will need to pay for it in the next week or so or your phone number will be gone. It has happend to me before. First hand experience.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@_Naren wrote:

Hey guys, am just wondering if for some reasons I don't renew the plan on the said date. Do I lose my number? Or I got some time withinin which if I don't pay the bill the number would be gone from hold? Thank you. 

You have until 90 days after the plan expiry to purchase a new plan before you lose your number, and the SIM card. Past then, you have to start with a whole new account and SIM card. Anytime prior to day 89, you could purchase the minimum $15 plan, to have service for another 30 days, plus 90 days of inactivity holding the account afterwards. (about 120 days?) Obviously I'd restart a few days before day 90 to be safe...

During the 'inactive' period your phone and voicemail will be completely inoperative of course.

Edit: Sorry... i feel like a dufus repeating the same thing many others have already said before I read the rest of the replies in the thread lol. Department of Redundancy Department.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@_Naren wrote:

@_Naren  You have 90 days after you account gets suspended before losing your number.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@_Naren 

If you miss your payment date, your account will be suspended.  You will not lose your number.  However, you have up to 90 days to re-activate your plan.  If more than 90 days, your account will be closed and your number will be lost.  

_Naren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for replying but my question is what if I delay the payment or don't the bill for a month do I lose my number. 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@_Naren The payment normally made in the midnight at 2am EST.

Need Help? Let's chat.