cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit visa rejected

Lschaerer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've used the same debit visa to pay my account for a year and all of a sudden it won't allow it now..and I can't contact anyone to find out why ..WTF

22 REPLIES 22

7AD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@guvnor wrote:

I also recently had my credit card suddenly not work and able to be charged. Was on Autopay since the beginning. Contacted card company and nothing wrong with account. Deleted card from account, now can't even register it again. Tried a different card - Visa Debit - also did not work. What a joke.

I successfully changed the credit card associated with my Public Mobile account today. I suspect you might have experienced an issue with a third party payment processing service used by Public Mobile or your financial institution. Hopefully, you were /are able to update your payment method.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@guvnor

I can appreciate your frustration. I had a similar experience with recharge.com. All the same kinds of problems people report here. Heck...even friggin' Paypal didn't want to work. The card and Paypal work elsewhere just fine.

So some sites just have some other pickiness in their cc processing.

Then the next day it all worked fine.

The locked out thing is for anti-theft. It's for your protection.

Agreed that it shouldn't've been a problem to begin with.

guvnor

Works fine for 2 years, works at everywhere else currently = must not be PM's fault. Smiley LOL

Mod just got back to me and it seems the card was locked out from PM's end for too many failed attempts to register resulting from following the community advice of trying variations on the address.

Of course that doesn't explain why the Autopay failed on the already registered card in the first place.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@guvnor wrote:

I had registered my card and had it on Autopay for 2 years now; nothing was ever changed or touched. Just randomly let me know it couldn't be charged this time for Autopay. The card company said they saw attempted charges from Public every time I tried to register the card again and they didn't go through so just showed up as 0.00 for them.

I could be wrong, but that seems to me that the problem is NOT on Public Mobile's end.

GC

guvnor

"If you require someone to talk to to manage your account and issues, PM may very well not be for you."

Apparently, as I wait for a mod to talk to to manage my account and issues.

@guvnor, sorry to hear about this, but I've been here for a little longer than you, and AutoPay only failed once for me, and it was fixed shortly thereafter.

If this is the only issue you're having, try using voucher payment for now, and address the credit card issue afterwards.

You can buy vouchers at recharge.com, and if you're not in Alberta, it's actually a break on the taxes for you.

I've not yet read the rest of the thread, so if this is duplicated, I'm sorry.  I'm just offering suggestions.

@guvnor wrote:

I think I would've noticed if the card was expired either from the dozen times I tried registering again with variations in the billing info, when I had contacted the card company, or when I used the card at other places since this issue started occuring days ago.

I'll probably leave PM after this experience once my current 3 months is up; it's quite a disgusting form of customer support really - "Here's a buggy system, have fun dealing with it amongst yourselves".

You would be surprised how many people don't notice their CC expired. They move, don't tell their bank and never get a new card so do not realize that it has expired or about to.

The customer support is exactly how they advertise, right on their home page it says there is no call centre. PM is for people who have the time and are capable of solving their own issues with a little support from the community. This allows the cheaper plans. If you require someone to talk to to manage your account and issues, PM may very well not be for you.

guvnor

I think I would've noticed if the card was expired either from the dozen times I tried registering again with variations in the billing info, when I had contacted the card company, or when I used the card at other places since this issue started occuring days ago.

I'll probably leave PM after this experience once my current 3 months is up; it's quite a disgusting form of customer support really - "Here's a buggy system, have fun dealing with it amongst yourselves".

@guvnor wrote:

I had registered my card and had it on Autopay for 2 years now; nothing was ever changed or touched. Just randomly let me know it couldn't be charged this time for Autopay. The card company said they saw attempted charges from Public every time I tried to register the card again and they didn't go through so just showed up as 0.00 for them.

The only thing you can try while you wait is to clear cache, try a different browser/computer or an incognito window. As long as you CC as not expired than that is all except to wait for the MODs.

guvnor

It's not always like that...I have autopay and everything is ok with my payment...Smiley Happy

@guvnor wrote:

Yeah had already sent a msg to mods and waiting to hear back. Had to buy numerous vouchers at the store - will definitely be moving to different service if I have to do that again.

There may other causes to your problem that we may be able to assist with while you wait for the MODs. But if you prefer to wait for them that is fine.

guvnor

Yeah had already sent a msg to mods and waiting to hear back. Had to buy numerous vouchers at the store - will definitely be moving to different service if I have to do that again.

@guvnor wrote:

I also recently had my credit card suddenly not work and able to be charged. Was on Autopay since the beginning. Contacted card company and nothing wrong with account. Deleted card from account, now can't even register it again. Tried a different card - Visa Debit - also did not work. What a joke.

Its best if you start your own thread here. 

Go to Community, at the bottom choose the best category that represents your situation (Not Knowledge Base), click orange target at top "Start a Topic".
Please include as much information as you can about your situation.

@guvnor you will need help from the moderator...here..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and explain what happened with your account...you can buy voucher if you need at recharge.com or in store...

guvnor

@Lschaerer, is there a chance the card has been reissued and is no longer the same number or expiry date?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you need to renew or top up buy a voucher from recharge.com

As for your card delete it from system then enter it again make sure it is entered exactly like your statement and omit the apt unit number field

Lschaerer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It said it can't verify card..I called bank and there is no problem at that end

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lschaerer  One of the most common reasons your  card could have been declined is because you've reached the credit limit on the card. Did you check your account to make sure something funny hasnt happened?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Did you try another browser or the private incognito mode??? @Lschaerer If nothing works you will need help from the moderator...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage And write moderator_team in send to... you will wait few hours upto 2 days for a reply...Smiley Frustrated... but they will help you

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Lschaerer You can contact someone here!!! What was the message when it didn’t go through???

Need Help? Let's chat.