cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadline to change plan

Mreekster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering if my plan auto renewal on may 3rd, can I change plans today? May 2. Can’t find any info and no answer from public mobile 

12 REPLIES 12

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Mreekster if he just ported his number over you are going to need to wait a few hours. He was not a koodo prepaid customer before was he? There could be issues with the port if he was. Also.make sure he did not cancel his service with the other provider mid port. 

hope all is well. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Mreekster you and I both 🙂 

@Mreekster 

If your plan renews on May 3 according to your self serve page... It will start the renewal process by midnight eastern time tonight (May 2) if not even a bit earlier. That is 9PM Pacific time. So if not already done there is likely no point in trying to change early, just get your change scheduled for your next renewal and you will be on the new plan by morning. Unless you have run out of data (or maybe voice minutes if on the $15 or $10 plans) there really isn't much logic to renewing early but definitely get it scheduled for your next renewal ASAP.

AE_Collector

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can change your plan either immediately or recommended in next renewal.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

@Luddite wise advice to keep a backup plan in place. 

Thanks for sharing. 

I, and 5 referrals, all have relied on autopay for last 1 - 5 years with never a glitch. Though I do keep a Fongo (TextNow is good too) line as backup over wifi, just in case. 😎

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Mreekster here's an article on changing plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Add the funds for the new plan, See screenshot below on how to do it, and choose the change immediately option 

20200416_143943.jpg

Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Mreekster I would also advice not to rely on auto-pay. instead make it a practice to manually pay a few days ahead of your renewal date(just add the funds in your self serve) PM will subtract the auto payment from there instead of your credit/bank. you will still qualify for the $2 auto pay reward. you'll avoid all the headaches of your account being deactivated and then not being able to use your credit/debit to reactivate. sometimes the auto pay doesn't work correctly and it won't subtract funds from your credit/bank account.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mreekster  Yes, just schedule the plan change and select it to take effect on your next renewal so that your rewards get applied before the chamber takes place.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Mreekster Hi  yes you can change your plan immediately if you wish all you have to do is go into your self serve account and change plans to which ever one you wish good luck

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Mreekster wrote:

I was wondering if my plan auto renewal on may 3rd, can I change plans today? May 2. Can’t find any info and no answer from public mobile 

You can change it anytime you want. Change Immediately or Change on next renewal date (best option) are the options.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

yes you can. just add funds for your new plan and your renewal date will start today

You can change your plan by logging in to self serve and clicking on the plans and add-ons tab and clicking change plan. once you have selected your plan choose change plans now. Your previous plan will immediately be cancelled and the renewal date will change accordingly.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi...

change plan-01.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.